DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filmora won't let me import DLOG / h.265?

Maverick23

Reactions
I have the Mavic 2 Pro and whenever I record in Dlog (drone makes you choose h.265 to use Dlog) I noticed that filmora won't let me import the footage. Getting the "file could not be loaded" message. I tried non-Dlog but still h.265 and it still didn't work so it's definitely the h.265 that's causing the issue. My computer is powerful and new so I don't think it's that either. Has anyone else experienced this? I would really like to do some color grading with my footage and Filmora seemed like a good choice as I don't agree with Adobe's pricing of a monthly service. Thanks

Sorry but are you saying that from perseonal experience or just looking at those specs? Bc the specs don’t specifically say anything about h.265 (for .mp4) and I even tried (thankfully just the trial versions) of filmora pro which is supposed to be a professional editing software and had the same result. Maybe it’s more of a question for the filmora folks, but what do you use to edit video? Do you use dlog?

The specs I linked are what the software's editor says it supports, if h265 isn't in the list then it isn't supported... they obviously won't list all the dozens of existing codecs they don't support...

I use Resolve.

I just used Filmora v 8.7.6 to edit H.265 video from my Mavic Pro 2. Applied the DLog-M+to+Rec709 LUT and was able to render a finished video from several raw shots.

Did you shoot .mp4 or .mov?
mp4 doesn't have the limitation of H265, it is also understandable from the specs. I was able to verify it even on an early version (8.2)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard