DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filter Use

Reelman67

Reactions
After reading about the use of filters, decided to purchase some Polarpro product for my M2P. Am anxious to see the resulting video. Will try to get out today and get some footage. This is totally a new learning experience, this and video editing.

They are useful helping keep your shutter speed down so you can use double frame rate.
Video editing is an art in itself if you want to push things as far as they go.

Reactions: mereflyer
Went out yesterday between rain showers and flew in a cloudy condition. Yes, there is an obvious effect using a filter, and it was pleasing to say the least.

Before I began flying, a military helo flew over, one of those double rotor jobs. Kept that in mind as I lifted off. As I was flying, a car pulls up with a couple inside. The driver says he is a drone flyer as well, lives down the street. Friendly. So, he goes and gets his drones, all non-DJI homebuilt, and flies them with me, using FPV goggles. Talk about speed, a real racer, incredible speed, flying through a group of trees, under the canopy, at high speed! Flies high, virtually falls down and engages the blades before hitting the ground. I didn't see any FAA registration nos. and I suspect they all weighed under 0.55 lbs but he seemed to think his days are numbered, flying as he does, using home built drones. He appeared knowledgeable about the rules, but flies using FPV goggles with no spotter.

So far, I have to admit, my experiences all have been positive when encountering other people when flying. Granted, they are a distraction, but have yet to experience a nasty encounter. People are generally interested in what I am doing as a recreational pilot. What I find interesting, is how many persons I encounter who also fly drones, a majority I would say. Maybe it's a draw, them knowing what I am about.

Good to see you had a pleasant experience.
I have a friend who flies RC plains, some at over 100 MPH so I would assume people like the one you met would still be able to fly that way but the options as to where would be limited.

Yes, like others have stated, a "club" field is not desirable at all. Most drone enthusiasts want the freedom to fly, albeit with restrictions, anywhere that is optimal for flying.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fly2pro