DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Pro X

Ranf Drone

Reactions
I’ll start by saying I’m a novice when it comes to photo/video editing.

I see there is fcp and fcpx with X being the latest. I also understand the user interface is different between fcp and fcpx.

I was deciding between fcp and divinci resolve and picked fcp. Right at the moment I went to purchase fcp, I see fcpx. I selected fcp because it was my understanding that it was intuitive and beginner friendly. If the UI has changed with fcpx, is the UI better, worse or similar? Are my understandings correct or ….

Thank you,
D

There is only one program. It was called FCPX till recently when it's name officially changed to FCP although many still refer to it as Final Cut Pro X.

The version you get of the Final Cut Pro X is dependent on the Operating System you are using with your computer.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Just curious... why did you pick FCP vs Davinci?

There is only one program. It was called FCPX till recently when it's name officially changed to FCP although many still refer to it as Final Cut Pro X.
H
The reason I originally asked was because I found a comment that the UI was redesigned with The release of FCP X.

Just curious... why did you pick FCP vs Davinci?

I appreciate you asking because it sounds like you have something to add and that is great.

I knew of FCP but never used it. It been around for a while so no lack of material. Divinci was something i saw when researching FTPX.

I recently purchased the Mavic 3. Had it up a couple times to get comfortable with it. A work in progress.

User friendly is important and quality of product. I’m an IT person but not with photography.

Thanks
D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan