DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FINALLY ‘Smart Controller’ Update

SteveLeBigMac

Reactions
Hi
Note sure if this is broadcast but FINALLY Dji have updated the ‘Smart Controller’ with DJI Go4 update for ‘Waypoints’
WoooHoooo.. About time.. [emoji16] DJI [emoji1474]
Please don’t let us wait next time for the updates to this expensive investment.
However, I’ve yet to try it out but weather in Scotland just now is atrocious [emoji16]

Reactions: Jaspar and ff22
Anyone else unable to setup the SD Card to work as combined storage for the controller? I put in a freshly formatted SD card and follow the prompts to setup as combined storage. It requires the controller to format the card, but the process hangs at 20% then fails eventually.

Anyone else unable to setup the SD Card to work as combined storage for the controller? I put in a freshly formatted SD card and follow the prompts to setup as combined storage. It requires the controller to format the card, but the process hangs at 20% then fails eventually.
it is typical for an android - it is a formatting process that takes forever. i do not advice you to set it up this way, set it as an external storage on android 7. it will still allow you to store video cache on it.

20% wait usually resolves, but after a VERY long time, give it 20-30 min to complete on a large card. but, it is not recommended.

As Paul suggested, do NOT set up as combined storage. It complicates use of the card, particularly if you want to copy files to/from it using a computer card reader. That option was intended to older Android devices that had limited internal memory (combined accommodated apps being stored across to the card.)

Yep I’ve tried twice and it fails with insufficient space! The previous firmware it caused the Updater to stop running. So not fixed as yet.

Hi
Note sure if this is broadcast but FINALLY Dji have updated the ‘Smart Controller’ with DJI Go4 update for ‘Waypoints’
WoooHoooo.. About time.. [emoji16] DJI [emoji1474]
Please don’t let us wait next time for the updates to this expensive investment.
However, I’ve yet to try it out but weather in Scotland just now is atrocious [emoji16]

Haha well in the UK the android version only became available this morning so the SRC version being available this afternoon was no big issue.

Reactions: SteveLeBigMac