DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally been "bricked"

Robert Mitchell

Reactions
So I was under the impression that if I stayed on 0400 and never upgraded, I would never get the dreaded " ...limited to 30/50m respectively".

Not so.

This morning while trying out the new goggles, there it was.

So, for the experienced, is this a goggle thing, as it happens every time now, goggles connected or not, or did something finally just catch up with me?

Is there NO WAY to prevent this and just keep things the way they were?

I'd like to know before I just bend over and accept the fact that they have the ultimate control, and there is simply nothing we can do about it.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
Have you tried without an internet connection?

Your subject needs some work -- dji gets folks to upgrade firmware due to features/fixes. If you need a feature then you may need to upgrade.

So I was under the impression that if I stayed on 0400 and never upgraded, I would never get the dreaded " ...limited to 30/50m respectively".

Not so.

This morning while trying out the new goggles, there it was.

So, for the experienced, is this a goggle thing, as it happens every time now, goggles connected or not, or did something finally just catch up with me?

Is there NO WAY to prevent this and just keep things the way they were?

I'd like to know before I just bend over and accept the fact that they have the ultimate control, and there is simply nothing we can do about it.

Yes just reflash the goggles with dumbldorf back to .700 and your good to go.

Rob

Wouldn't class that as bricked
If I can only go 150 ft, for a drone, that's pretty close to being a bricked IMO.
Whatever you call it, I think most would agree it becomes pretty useless.

Reactions: Mavman
I class that as limited, bricked means DEAD requiring hardware to be replaced, due to firmware corruption usually caused by an update / mod

If I can only go 150 ft, for a drone, that's pretty close to being a bricked IMO.

I've been getting that for about a week. I just ignore and close it and go on my way -- no restrictions. I take it you actually tried to fly beyond the "restricted" range?

I've been getting that for about a week. I just ignore and close it and go on my way -- no restrictions. I take it you actually tried to fly beyond the "restricted" range?
Hmm, you've been getting this... with or without ever using goggles?

And no, strayed slightly outside, but was afraid to see what the consequences might be for challenging it.

So you're saying it is just an empty warning... no enforcement?

Have you tried without an internet connection?
No, actually I haven't. Let's see what happens in airplane mode, but I suspect it is now part of the firmware.

Recent app versions have started putting this warning, but if you're on FW 700 or older it doesn't do a thing since the firmware doesn't even know about it. Could be same with goggles, but I personally fly 700 Mavic/1000 goggles and never saw it in the goggles.

99% sure Goggles are not compatible with firmware .400. That's why I never got them. Cool, but not cool enough for me to give up admin rights on my own quad
They actually work with the 0400, but like you, I'm not ready to let them force me down a path of no return.

Reactions: dwashy21
Hmm, you've been getting this... with or without ever using goggles?

And no, strayed slightly outside, but was afraid to see what the consequences might be for challenging it.

So you're saying it is just an empty warning... no enforcement?

Right, I see this message every time I boot up too (without goggles), but just ignore it. I've flown up to 400 ft after receiving this message. Looks like there's no enforcement on earlier firmware releases.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
Been getting the warning for about two weeks now. Mavic on .400 and goggles on the latest firmware. No issues when flying, been out 2 plus miles and well over the height limit though mine does say ERROR at the beginning of the message.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000