DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally filmed a windmill

Hey bud, love the shots. I was thinking of doing something similar as I live near lots of these things. I was wondering/worrying about the drone getting sucked into the airflow though. Did you ever have the drone “straight on” facing the front of the windmill kinda close?

Hey bud, love the shots. I was thinking of doing something similar as I live near lots of these things. I was wondering/worrying about the drone getting sucked into the airflow though.
The only airflow is the wind that's turning the wind turbine.
They use wind - they don't make it.

Reactions: Kilrah
Says video is unavailable when I try to watch it.
I get that every once in awhile. Tried different browsers to no avail. Its not only on here that this happens. If its a youtube video I click on youtube and it plays. Go figure

The only airflow is the wind that's turning the wind turbine.
They use wind - they don't make it.

Yeah, but they do create air currents. I was just wondering if they created enough to have any effect on drone flight. From the drone videos I’ve seen the answer seems to be “no”, but I don’t think if seen an up close, straight on shot.

The wind that goes through them is the same that you're in when flying around - yeah they do make some turbulence but nothing significant.

When I shot this video it was morning and the wind was just starting to pick up. If it was windy and they were really cranking I would steer well clear of them though I think it would be okay to stay above them. The shot where I fly through the blades appears to be slow motion but that was normal speed. The turbine was just starting to roll so I took advantage of it. These are something that I wanted to shoot for a long time and lucky for me I arrived at a good time.

When I shot this video it was morning and the wind was just starting to pick up. If it was windy and they were really cranking I would steer well clear of them though I think it would be okay to stay above them. The shot where I fly through the blades appears to be slow motion but that was normal speed. The turbine was just starting to roll so I took advantage of it. These are something that I wanted to shoot for a long time and lucky for me I arrived at a good time.
Looked awesome mate.

Reactions: Doecliff
Nicely done. Getting a still of one of these in just the right position is a PITA...

(not from a drone)
Sunrise at Altamont Pass

Reactions: Doecliff
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming