DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Find My Drone Feature

I think this is a good feature and really when you think about it, very easy to implement, as they store the flight telemetry data anyway, recalling the last known location is easy.

Hello .. Soory for me bad english .But i have Same problem.I live in Bulgaria. .after firmware update and dji go 4 update yesterday .Every time when i power on Mavic .phone says Cannot take off ..And in RC display write NFZ Limit .
in new feature find my drone .i see that aircraft is in China (Chenzen) ..And can take off.. till Not have good GPS and till aircraft not display in my real position in Bulgaria ?? May be this is some bug in DGI Go 4app ??
Did this can resolved ??? Thanks

Reactions: Dakanez
I find that very useful and it was about time as Cut.Aussie said, they already have all the info they need recorded

Anyone tried these two buttons ("ESC beeping" and "Smart LED")? What are these suppose to do? Sorry, I am not around my Mavic these days, therefore cannot check by myself.IMG_3244.JPG

Maybe the beeping freq increases as you approach the location of the MP.
Just a idea....not sure.

Anyone tried these two buttons ("ESC beeping" and "Smart LED")? What are these suppose to do? Sorry, I am not around my Mavic these days, therefore cannot check by myself.View attachment 10493

My guess is that you can press those buttons when you get close to your bird to make it sound off and flash the leds to make it easier to locate, especially if it landed in area with a lot of bush

Reactions: Riseaknight
If you press the three dots it shows a couple other features, I guess if you are hooked up to the controller and the drone is down it will send you real time gps and battery info.

My phone hasn't been able to update the app for some reason. It downloads and then fails to install.
Android? If so go to 'Settings/Security' and enable 'install apps from unknown sources'. Then use File Manager to find the downloaded APK and click on it. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Pretty COOL!
Just updated my GO 4 to GO 4.6 android, then w/ out even connecting MP/RC it shows my MP travel across the ocean from China to CA USA.

I hope this feature isn't an indication on where the firmware/app is headed. :)

Just ordered my MP today so I guess we'll see. LOL

Hello .. Soory for me bad english .But i have Same problem.I live in Bulgaria. .after firmware update and dji go 4 update yesterday .Every time when i power on Mavic .phone says Cannot take off ..And in RC display write NFZ Limit .
in new feature find my drone .i see that aircraft is in China (Chenzen) ..And can take off.. till Not have good GPS and till aircraft not display in my real position in Bulgaria ?? May be this is some bug in DGI Go 4app ??
Did this can resolved ??? Thanks
I only understood 60% of what you said, and I believe you are in the wrong thread for this.

Anyone tried these two buttons ("ESC beeping" and "Smart LED")? What are these suppose to do? Sorry, I am not around my Mavic these days, therefore cannot check by myself.View attachment 10493
My guess is that you can press those buttons when you get close to your bird to make it sound off and flash the leds to make it easier to locate, especially if it landed in area with a lot of bush
If you press the three dots it shows a couple other features, I guess if you are hooked up to the controller and the drone is down it will send you real time gps and battery info.
Let's find out. I'm going to test it.
Android? If so go to 'Settings/Security' and enable 'install apps from unknown sources'. Then use File Manager to find the downloaded APK and click on it. Follow the onscreen instructions.
iOS. It was a VPN issue.

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Maybe the beeping freq increases as you approach the location of the MP.
Just a idea....not sure.
Essentially this is what happens. If you observe, the sound is created by vibrating the motors of the Mavic. It seems to have a pattern. Lower right, upper left, lower left, upper right. If you put your fingers on the motors, you can really feel them vibrate. As for smart LED it's essentially the same as ESC beeping but without the noise and the rear flashing red. It's quite loud actually, and to start it, requires your device to be connected to the RC and the RC connected to the Mavic. I would imagine if you are in the area where the drone landed and reconnect the sound can be activated to find it in hard to find locations.

So Dji is finally catching up to Litchi . I think the Find My Drone feature has been on Litchi for a long time now . Thankfully I have never used it though .

Thanks, Cyberpower678 for testing that for us.
Question remains if after a forced landing (due to battery drainage) there still would be enough power left to activate these sounds/lights, or the Mavic will turn completely off.

Essentially this is what happens. If you observe, the sound is created by vibrating the motors of the Mavic. It seems to have a pattern. Lower right, upper left, lower left, upper right. If you put your fingers on the motors, you can really feel them vibrate. As for smart LED it's essentially the same as ESC beeping but without the noise and the rear flashing red. It's quite loud actually, and to start it, requires your device to be connected to the RC and the RC connected to the Mavic. I would imagine if you are in the area where the drone landed and reconnect the sound can be activated to find it in hard to find locations.
Thank you Cyberpower678 for all the field and leg work.

Hi, On my Mavic Pro 'Find My Drone' settings all worked ok but have now found I only have the ability to turn LED lights on but ESC Beeping is greyed out/not working.

Any Ideas anyone?

Rob

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty