DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fingers Crossed and Advice Needed Please!

BobA

Reactions
Hello from the UK

I've had my Mavic Fly More combo on order since 20th January, and have been told it will ship 3rd February. Having read through some of the forum stories, I wonder how true this is? Fingers crossed then!!

The Mavic Pro will be my first drone. I did some (not much to be honest) research, and it seemed that the general consensus from the YouTube reviews was that the Mavic would actually be a reasonably safe bet as a first drone. To be honest, I was torn with my choice, as a friend kept telling me to start with something cheaper, but after I'd seen the technology and reviews of the Mavic, I just had to have one. Well, my 0% credit card treated me!!

Since committing almost £1500 to a Fly More combo and a DJI Refresh plan, all I keep seeing are pictures of crashed and damaged Mavic's!!! Have I done the wrong thing?

So, assuming it ships on the 3rd and arrives 5-7 days after, I have a little bit of time left to ponder my first flight, should I be lucky enough for it to stop raining here! The plan is to have a good look at the Mavic literature provided by DJI, which by all accounts is quite sparse, and then, I'm open to advice please!

Luckily, I have some open countryside very near to home, so my playground awaits.

I will be using an iPhone6 initially, but hopefully plan to upgrade to a used iPad Mini wifi+cellular when funds allow.

Anyway, thanks for having me here, and hopefully you can provide a few gems of advice for a complete newbie please?

Regards
Bob

No you have not done the wrong thing ..

Just take your time when it arrives and follow the guides ...

Where in the UK are you ?

Reactions: BobA
Hello from the UK

I've had my Mavic Fly More combo on order since 20th January, and have been told it will ship 3rd February. Having read through some of the forum stories, I wonder how true this is? Fingers crossed then!!

The Mavic Pro will be my first drone. I did some (not much to be honest) research, and it seemed that the general consensus from the YouTube reviews was that the Mavic would actually be a reasonably safe bet as a first drone. To be honest, I was torn with my choice, as a friend kept telling me to start with something cheaper, but after I'd seen the technology and reviews of the Mavic, I just had to have one. Well, my 0% credit card treated me!!

Since committing almost £1500 to a Fly More combo and a DJI Refresh plan, all I keep seeing are pictures of crashed and damaged Mavic's!!! Have I done the wrong thing?

So, assuming it ships on the 3rd and arrives 5-7 days after, I have a little bit of time left to ponder my first flight, should I be lucky enough for it to stop raining here! The plan is to have a good look at the Mavic literature provided by DJI, which by all accounts is quite sparse, and then, I'm open to advice please!

Luckily, I have some open countryside very near to home, so my playground awaits.

I will be using an iPhone6 initially, but hopefully plan to upgrade to a used iPad Mini wifi+cellular when funds allow.

Anyway, thanks for having me here, and hopefully you can provide a few gems of advice for a complete newbie please?

Regards
Bob
Hi Bob, the Mavic is a great piece of equipment. Portability and reliability are excellent and so all the flying specs. I can tell that since I own the Mavic, my Inspire is sitting in the box most of the time. Just do your newbie homework: read the manual as there are many things to learn there, don't fly inside your home or in places with obstacles (buildings/trees/people skulls) , follow the basic safety rules, generally speaking don't fly where your 6th sense tells that something might put you in trouble. Plan your missions, and follow your plan. Start from easy things, and when you feel more confident, well....don't feel too much confident anyway. There are things that you will learn only flying a lot. Check props before each flight, set a reasonable RTH altitude, well above the tallest thing around, always start your flight with a 100% battery, keep the aircraft in visual range, fly in a wild open area with nobody around, at least for the initial 30 missions. Keep the aircraft away from your friends/kids when taking off/landing. Follow your own pre-flight check list, remember that most of the accidents happens in the initial/last 15 meters from the ground. Learn how to fly the aircraft facing you (when the aircraft goes to the right when the stick points to the left it's a weird feeling at the beginning). Follow this forum, you'll soon find that this place is full of great advices. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi Bob, I also ordered the fly more on 20th January and spoke to dji chat on 26th Jan who told me mine would be shipped on the 3rd of Feb. When I hinted that I may cancel and order from digital rev, my account status changed immediately to shipping pending followed by an email to say it has been shipped and delivered the following day (27 Jan) which to my surprise..it was. Hang in there it's well worth the wait..fingers crossed for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs