DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse Dual arrived

reaperman

Reactions
My Firehouse dual, white strobe arrived today. Its not the cleanest install, I'm still hunting for some kind of belly mount but for now the velcro seems to be working. I mounted the strobe lengthwise to keep the lights further away from the sensors. I tested it today in the bright sun and it makes a huge difference in visibility. I was up over 300' and pretty far out and could still see it flashing. Which is exactly what I was hoping for to maintain a better VLOS. At first I considered a colored wrap to help with visibility but opted for a bottom strobe light. Nothing wrong with a drone wrap, I may get one anyway, they look cool. But a wrap isn't in the same league as a strobe for a visual aid. I can't wait to try it out this evening and on a cloudy day. And, yes, this little strobe is very bright.

Attachments

• Strobe.JPG
    Strobe.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 241
The specs on the strobe, says approx 3.5 grams, the velcro I never weighted alone. According to my $6 Amazon kitchen scale the drone/strobe, now weighs 246 grams. My scale may be weighing it a tad heavy. I've saw plenty of YouTube vids showing the actual drone weight approx 238.5 grams. I did put extra velcro on the drone and on the strobe for more velcro surface area.

I took it up this evening just before sunset, with a partly cloudy sky. The strobe very visible at 400 feet high and a long ways away. Once you take your eyes off of it at a distance it can be challenging find, as expected. In darkness, it should be visible a long way.

Last edited:
i recently got the firehouse dual with the miss chrissy mount.
works great.
not big issue to switch the mini on, then clip on the light.
really impressive improvement in visibility.
previously i had small leds that mounted on bottom of the motors, garbage.

i recently got the firehouse dual with the miss chrissy mount.
works great.
not big issue to switch the mini on, then clip on the light.
really impressive improvement in visibility.
previously i had small leds that mounted on bottom of the motors, garbage.
Does the mount allow enough air flow to the vents on the bottom?

I have 3 of them for my P4Pro v2. Two on the landing gear with the Firehouse mounts and one velcro nose on. I use the 1000 lumens versions. NO performance degradation what so ever.

I ordered a miss chrissy belly mount about a week ago to clean up the install. Hoping it arrives soon, but the estimated shipping time was from 1-3 weeks. Seems a bit long for a simple product shipped from only a few states away.

My Firehouse dual, white strobe arrived today. Its not the cleanest install, I'm still hunting for some kind of belly mount but for now the velcro seems to be working. I mounted the strobe lengthwise to keep the lights further away from the sensors. I tested it today in the bright sun and it makes a huge difference in visibility. I was up over 300' and pretty far out and could still see it flashing. Which is exactly what I was hoping for to maintain a better VLOS. At first I considered a colored wrap to help with visibility but opted for a bottom strobe light. Nothing wrong with a drone wrap, I may get one anyway, they look cool. But a wrap isn't in the same league as a strobe for a visual aid. I can't wait to try it out this evening and on a cloudy day. And, yes, this little strobe is very bright.
Hi....I purchased the Firehouse-V strobe and mounted it on the Back-End of the Mini-2 and I agree
with you What a difference this strobe makes. I got the RED one with flashing Strobe bright lights
and I can see this Mini-2 much better now when the Green Terrain is in the Back ground, the flashing Red lights show up. I also ran a test up High to see if the flashing lights allow me to find the **** thing !!
and its great. For the price of the FireHouse-V its well worth it. Those strobe lights even bother my eyes when I test it prior to flight time. I may get one for my Mavic Air-2...

Hi....I purchased the Firehouse-V strobe and mounted it on the Back-End of the Mini-2 and I agree
with you What a difference this strobe makes. I got the RED one with flashing Strobe bright lights
and I can see this Mini-2 much better now when the Green Terrain is in the Back ground, the flashing Red lights show up. I also ran a test up High to see if the flashing lights allow me to find the **** thing !!
and its great. For the price of the FireHouse-V its well worth it. Those strobe lights even bother my eyes when I test it prior to flight time. I may get one for my Mavic Air-2...
How did you mount your strobe to the back? There isn't alot of space back there to start with and the "V" is larger than the dual strobe.

Yes there is not much room. It comes with Velcro already cut to size, I just put
the Firehouse on the battery Door and made sure that it would not interfere with
removing the battery. I leave it in place and charge it without removing it....So far...So Good.

Yes there is not much room. It comes with Velcro already cut to size, I just put
the Firehouse on the battery Door and made sure that it would not interfere with
removing the battery. I leave it in place and charge it without removing it....So far...So Good.
How did you mount your strobe to the back? There isn't alot of space back there to start with and the "V" is larger than the dual strobe.
could you both snap an iPhone photo of it for me?

I have mine mounted here, it’s ok with the leg extenders fitted.

Attachments

• 736436E2-885C-424B-BEE0-63C36CC78BDB.jpeg
    736436E2-885C-424B-BEE0-63C36CC78BDB.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
I have mine mounted here, it’s ok with the leg extenders fitted.
OK- just ordered it. It clamps on and allows vented to be unobstructed. I called and spoke to them. They leave it on permanently because taking it on and off will eventually damage the chassis.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky