DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse Strobes UK

Paul B

Reactions
Been after some decent strobes for my M2P for some time. Firehouse Ark V appear to get the best reviews, but they don't ship to the UK. However, I have now found a company that does. The company is, reship.com, and is, obviously, based in the USA - Portland, Oregon to be precise. You order your stuff from Firehouse, or any other US company, and give your address as the Reship address. When they receive the item they forward it to you. It's quite expensive, £35 for the strobes. However, that is far cheaper than Firehouse quote. Hopefully, I will try the strobes out this week. Fortunately, I have a credit card (Halifax Clarity) which does not charge commission or fees on foreign transactions. Very useful if we ever get to be able to travel abroad again!

I sort of did something similar (twice), a niece lives there, shipped to her, forwarded to me :)

Another way MIGHT be, a while ago on this very forum in one of the MANY threads, someone living outside the US continent (perhaps more than one person too), discovered Firehouse Tech on ebay, and apparently got them shipped through ordering from there.

I lived in Kenya and Uganda for quite a while. You really couldn't get anything shipped there. Even if you could, things sometimes seemed to have another destination aside from you. So we used expatnet. Somebody always seemed to know somebody that was returning from US or UK. They would usually agree to get the item shipped to them and bring it along. Of course this made answering one of the three safety questions awkward, you know; "are you carrying anything that does not belong to you?" Naturally we totally respected those questions, by asking them they stopped all terrorist activities, dead in their tracks.

Now at the present time, seems to not be a lot of travel from US to UK, just does not seem to be popular, cannot figure out why. If there was such a person, you could see if you can arrange a purchase, perhaps with somebody on this net. Or you can do a "club" purchase and buy a lot of them and I bet the lads at Firehouse may make an exception. They where quite helpful and responsive to me. At the moment they are a deal as they have a sale on. However the lumecube one is also on sale at B&H (they do ship to UK). Having both, they seem to be very similar in their output and ease of use and price. The Lumecube having some colored covers that come with the set that may or may not make it more attractive. I am still mulling over when I may want a green or red strobe as a single, not as a position light, where I would want two of them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143