DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse strobes

I know this isn't your video, but isn't the GPS module right under this area of the Mavic's body? I would think that mounting the strobe unit there would cause GPS issues.

Maybe some of the more experience repair guys can chime in.

Because I wanted them to be as visible as possible during daylight hours I went with the Firehouse 4 strobe. They make 3 and 2 strobe models but the four's are very brilliant. They also have a tri color that flashes white red and green but I wasn't after that. The 3&4 strobe models have a larger battery and is why they last over 4 hours. The circuit board is slightly larger than the Strobon (about an inch by inch and a half) so they take up more space and I don't think they will not fit in many of the holders marketed for the Strobon units. I think I paid 34 bucks a piece directly from Firehouse.

I bought the Firehouse 4 bulb cree 3 light combo - one white, one red, and one green. I have been very happy with them, both in daylight and darkness. Very bright. The green one was kind of squirrely - I think the on/off switch may be bad, but so far I have been able to get it to work by messing with it.

1523766041510.png
Just one in the air (a little too late taken shot)
1523766085218.png
Can not but recommend these. At dusk easily seen over 2,5Km away.
Also good for oriention.

Reactions: Niblett
I bought the Firehouse 4 bulb cree 3 light combo - one white, one red, and one green. I have been very happy with them, both in daylight and darkness. Very bright. The green one was kind of squirrely - I think the on/off switch may be bad, but so far I have been able to get it to work by messing with it.
Haven't tested their product support. My red one is tougher to turn on than the others. Most of my buddies that I fly with have them and the only other problem I've seen is one that was only using 3 out of the four strobes. I haven't had any issues with GPS reception from where I mount the strobes. The batteries last a long time in the strobe mode. I can fly all day long and they never die. The flash mode is nice at dusk and I've even used the solid on mode (which eats battery time) to use as a vision light. The only cons IMO is they don't have any good mounting options due to their size. I prefer being able to take them off to charge and didn't use the double sided tape. The main pro's are having the brightness of 4 strobes and the long battery run times. If they come out with a five strobe model I'll be making another purchase. Brighter is better for my eyesight.

Oh, I also ordered from Mike Singer, USA-Finland in about a week. If you live in the EU I recommend flytron in the UK, its just that you save over 10€ in the oversea.postage fees. Nothing else. Thx Mike.

dronerdave - I’ve been weighing getting the firehouse dual or the firehouse quad cree strobes, so your last post is really helpful. Did you only attach one quad strobe to get the 5000 feet out (100 feet up) visibility? If so, where did you attach that one strobe? I was considering mounting one on the front and one on the rear

All are their brightest they sell. Got a white on the bottom just behind the camera and the same mounted off the rear landing gear. I have a clip that mounts over the battery and have red on one side and green on the other. At distances over 4000 feet out, depending on your height finding the strobe once you look away is difficult especially if you're in bright sun. Also I can't see the green or red strobes further out and the white is by far the most easy to find after looking away.

I received my Firehouse ARCs yesterday. They come as a set of 2 with holders for the arms of my M2.

My question: Can I place one on the front left and the other on the rear right arm? Or is there a problem with load balance? They’re not heavy at all but I want to be sure they don’t affect the flight behavior.

I received my Firehouse ARCs yesterday. They come as a set of 2 with holders for the arms of my M2.

My question: Can I place one on the front left and the other on the rear right arm? Or is there a problem with load balance? They’re not heavy at all but I want to be sure they don’t affect the flight behavior.

They wont affect load balance at all. The M2 wont even know they are there, in terms of weight.

Reactions: calmar81
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom