DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware 1.78

ddodell

Reactions
Understand Firmware 1.78 was just released. Does it fix the problem with Airsense crashing the DJI Fly application?

I'm still on 1.70 because of that bug.

Thank you.

David

I have loaded it on my RC Pro and so far have seen no issues with several flights yesterday. I do have air sense enabled and saw it in action with a single engine plane in my area while I was flying.

Reactions: maggior
update 3 different updates the Air2s ,the Mini3 and controller firmware ,and DJI go fly App on tablet and phone just in case ,was out yesterday trying out the Air2s with spiffy new remote ,Amazing time was had

Reactions: SimonP and YVRGUY
I was able to see a 50% increase in range yesterday (in an urban environment but over a river) with 2300 meters before it started to drop range bars.
I am impressed!

Reactions: YVRGUY and careless
I was able to see a 50% increase in range yesterday (in an urban environment but over a river) with 2300 meters before it started to drop range bars.
I am impressed!
And that's a place you normally fly? No weather conditions could have affected it? You understand what Tropospheric Ducting is?

It is working but maps still in low resolution on RC Pro 😔 it seems DJI won’t fix this anytime soon !
Can you be more specific about what you mean by only low resolution? Are they more detailed on iOS or on alternative Android devices?

Can you be more specific about what you mean by only low resolution? Are they more detailed on iOS or on alternative Android devices?
On IOS and Android devices map satellite resolution is normal, only on DJI RC Pro that DJI switched from MapBoX to Maptiler map provider, ruining map resolution 😔

And that's a place you normally fly? No weather conditions could have affected it? You understand what Tropospheric Ducting is?
Having completed my undergraduate degree in meteorology, I have an understanding of this phenomenon and no, it did not affect the transmission. The results have been repeated in differing conditions. The overall range of the Mini 3 are greatly improved as compared to the first iterations of firmware.
I have seen this in the Mini 2 when it was first released.

It is working but maps still in low resolution on RC Pro 😔 it seems DJI won’t fix this anytime soon !
They also still haven't fixed the Compass Calibration for the RC Pro itself. Tells you how to do it, and as soon as you click Start, it says Done, before you have a chance to do anything. Main RC Pro Menu/ Settings/Compass Calibration.

Reactions: Cliff Allister

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569