DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware .800 Flight restrictions

So stupid question, I haven't flown my mavic since i got the notification (not because I'm scared) but because the weather has been bipolar. But my question is... seems like the firmware update is kind of a drag so should I update the firmware? Or should I leave it as is and deal with the annoying notification every time I turn on my mavic? :eek:

I'm sorry, but do you really ever own anything... house - don't make the payments or the taxes, it goes. Car - don't pay the taxes or tags can't drive it. Your phone - don't pay the bill can't use it, get out of range can't use it. If you use google and have location turned on your phone. They know where you are at all times. If you don't like something then change it. There are tons of youtube to build your own drone.
I come to this forum to read and see what other people are doing with there mavics. The good or bad times, no one wants to read about how someone thinks DJI is controlling there drone. You're being controlled by your boss, wife, kids, goverment, police, ect.. SELL the **** thing and go away!!!

Sorry, just tired of reading all about the new FW updates. I'm 100% updated and I'm flying fine! Having fun and enjoying life.
Thanks for saying what so many of us have been thinking.

If you go to a new area, the app will ask to update NFZ zone. If you choose to ignore you will be handicapped in terms or heights/distance, similar to beginners mode.

If you do update it will let you fly there. But thay requires a web connection, if you have a tablet or your in poor reception area.... Good luck. Total garbage

yeah exactly the concerns most of us had with the new FW - when we dont have access to the internet. kodus to everyoine supporting this update, im sure they will soon regret it.

yeah exactly the concerns most of us had with the new FW - when we dont have access to the internet. kodus to everyoine supporting this update, im sure they will soon regret it.

I was thinking to DJI GO 4 App's option for downloading the maps for a nation all at once, as I did for Italy months ago: will that remove the need to update NFZ while getting around with the Mavic?

So stupid question, I haven't flown my mavic since i got the notification (not because I'm scared) but because the weather has been bipolar. But my question is... seems like the firmware update is kind of a drag so should I update the firmware? Or should I leave it as is and deal with the annoying notification every time I turn on my mavic? :eek:
Or just fly until the air clears.
I was thinking to DJI GO 4 App's option for downloading the maps for a nation all at once, as I did for Italy months ago: will that remove the need to update NFZ while getting around with the Mavic?
I think when the GPS recognizes that you have moved into a different area it will want to update that area and DJi Go4 app will tell the firmware ... "Don't go anyplace until I have given you permission". If we continue to allow these low class red-necked congressmen to willy-nilly make laws because it makes them feel important then drone flying in America will just die out and become a niche thing. If drone flying in the US becomes as restrictive as Canada then drone business will be effectively throttled and will quietly fade away. These morons are effectively elected by money, and not common sense.

Reactions: NaiveFlight
Yep .... at this point I will not buy a second drone and will start looking for someplace else to put my money. 99.9% of the things people worry about never happen but congress jump on the glory bandwagon to make a name for themselves. Passing laws against things that haven't happened on don't often happen is easy, but the hard stuff of passing laws where people are killed every day by something .... like Texting while moving in a car ... well that's too hard and the battle is long. Let's make these law makers explain themselves. The truth is ... they can't and just wanted to sound important.

Reactions: NaiveFlight and mpa

i would stay tuned to see how other goes. its very early stages for any one to conclude either way, its until someone finds a gem like NaiveFlight's post. so far im not gonna do it, i have updated every time since .550. ill pass for now.

Hey Folks ,

I am brand new to drones just received my Mavic Pro yesterday. Since then watching setup tutorials to be prepared for first flight and come-across with this firmware update issue as well.
Please any experienced Dji Pilot out there would be kind and give a clear answer about this 30/50 m limitation?
Especially that part "you need to connect and sign in..." because what if i am outside of my country and don't have cellular 3G/ 4G or WIFi connection on the spot where I wanted to fly my Mavic?
So what is the final advise of You guys? Update : YES of NO?
Ps.: Sorry if I repost or so ... I did looked the previous posts but still confused.

Thanks in advance & Safe flights everyone.

My only gripe with the latest FW(800) is that if I fly in a new area it will ask me to update NFZ zone, and if I use a tablet and don't have internet connection on it it's a problem.... And if I'm in an area where my 4g doesn't work on my phone (remote areas) then.... U can see the issue?

Just press the "ignore" button

Just press the "ignore" button

...... Ffs.....

If you do that you are handicapped to distance/height limits, similar to beginners mode....

Makes the mavic very limited. So better not take your mavic anywhere in a remote area you don't have web connection... Or else Its just about useless

After updating to 800 I can no longer fly at my home location in California. Previously I was in a yellow "unlockable" zone, which I had no problem unlocking. The controller read "near NFZ", but I was able to fly. After the update it says "In NFZ" and "Cannot Take-off". I can only conclude that they expanded the NFZ area in the update. Also, I doubt that reversing to an earlier firmware would reverse this, since the NFZ Update was a separate update within the firmware upgrade process.

After updating to 800 I can no longer fly at my home location in California. Previously I was in a yellow "unlockable" zone, which I had no problem unlocking. The controller read "near NFZ", but I was able to fly. After the update it says "In NFZ" and "Cannot Take-off". I can only conclude that they expanded the NFZ area in the update. Also, I doubt that reversing to an earlier firmware would reverse this, since the NFZ Update was a separate update within the firmware upgrade process.

Reversing the firmware .400 and reverting to an older App should fix the problem.

Rob

Reversing the firmware .400 and reverting to an older App should fix the problem.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I know how to reverse firmware through Assistant II, but how do I revert to a previous App version?

Is there any way you can give us rough coordinates of where you are trying to lift off? I would like to understand this behavior and how it compares to the GEO map that DJI publishes on the web.

Hey Folks ,

I am brand new to drones just received my Mavic Pro yesterday. Since then watching setup tutorials to be prepared for first flight and come-across with this firmware update issue as well.
Please any experienced Dji Pilot out there would be kind and give a clear answer about this 30/50 m limitation?
Especially that part "you need to connect and sign in..." because what if i am outside of my country and don't have cellular 3G/ 4G or WIFi connection on the spot where I wanted to fly my Mavic?
So what is the final advise of You guys? Update : YES of NO?
Ps.: Sorry if I repost or so ... I did looked the previous posts but still confused.

Thanks in advance & Safe flights everyone.
As for the update, i am new to all this as well, had my drone for days pretty much and i have carried the update out. For me personally, to register and log into my app to clear the notification to be able to fly higher and further than the restricted limit then i have no problem with that. Reading all the comments about why people dont want to upate again that is none of my business and thats up to them. BUT you do make a good point about taking the drone to other countries where you may not have a travelling sim card for instance and cannot log in. Again me personally, if it means picking up a sim card from the country i am in that i will probably need anyway then i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, communicate when im there and get to take my Maavic out for a fly. Doesnt help though even if you are in an area in your own country where there is no reception to be able to log in never mind being in another country with no reception and i dont know how you can get around that apart from not having the update?

Again there are alot of people from what i can see that are not happy or have there own personal concerns for not carrying out the upgrade of firmware but for me i just want to fly the drone for fun and take some really cool videos and photos that i can show my friends and family!

Happy flying!

Graham

Is there any way you can give us rough coordinates of where you are trying to lift off? I would like to understand this behavior and how it compares to the GEO map that DJI publishes on the web.

Alondra Drive at Mallard Ave, Goleta, CA. The Airport is Santa Barbara Airport, but it is actually located in Goleta.

Alondra Drive at Mallard Ave, Goleta, CA. The Airport is Santa Barbara Airport, but it is actually located in Goleta.
According to the DJI GEO Map, that's within the SB Muni Auth zone (yellow), but not the restricted flight zone. You should be able to unlock that easily either ahead of time on the GEO website, or at the time of flight with GO4 so long as you're connected to the internet.

...... Ffs.....

If you do that you are handicapped to distance/height limits, similar to beginners mode....

Makes the mavic very limited. So better not take your mavic anywhere in a remote area you don't have web connection... Or else Its just about useless

Doesn't do this for me. I happily keep pressing ignore and can fly like normal afterwards.
Did it actually happen to you or are you guessing?
If it is your personal experience to be limited like you said, I wonder whats the difference to my setup?

According to the DJI GEO Map, that's within the SB Muni Auth zone (yellow), but not the restricted flight zone. You should be able to unlock that easily either ahead of time on the GEO website, or at the time of flight with GO4 so long as you're connected to the internet.

Correct. And that is how it worked until the update. Now it says "In NFZ" and "Cannot Take Off". It said "Near NFZ" before the update. Maybe I will try a complete re-install of the update in case something is glitching. I just tried the zone unlock and it says I have the yellow zone unlocked, but still no fly. I'll try the reinstall tonight and see if it changes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez