DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware .800 Flight restrictions

Doesn't do this for me. I happily keep pressing ignore and can fly like normal afterwards.
Did it actually happen to you or are you guessing?
If it is your personal experience to be limited like you said, I wonder whats the difference to my setup?

I have tried the ignore and flew on many occasions on different geographic locations, and once I reach around 30 meters it tells me maximum height has been reached, same for distance. Of course I made sure that beginners mode was off.

If I'm in a remote area... You can see my frustration

Reactions: RC Mantis
Correct. And that is how it worked until the update. Now it says "In NFZ" and "Cannot Take Off". It said "Near NFZ" before the update. Maybe I will try a complete re-install of the update in case something is glitching. I just tried the zone unlock and it says I have the yellow zone unlocked, but still no fly. I'll try the reinstall tonight and see if it changes.
This might be the time to downgrade to a level where DJi cannot control every little tiny flight you take. I'm looking at the Typhoon H right now to see if their software also ties into the Internet each time you fly and tells you what you can and cannot do. If so ... I'm selling the Mavic. I did not sign up for big daddy to watch me all the time to see if I've wiped my nose. DJi has essentially shot themselves in the foot .... like IBM when they thought they could control the pc market by making everything proprietary. You do what people don't want ... you lose business.

I have tried the ignore and flew on many occasions on different geographic locations, and once I reach around 30 meters it tells me maximum height has been reached, same for distance. Of course I made sure that beginners mode was off.

If I'm in a remote area... You can see my frustration
Maybe a refund would be appropriate? The next update might want your PayPal account and charge you for each flight?

This might be the time to downgrade to a level where DJi cannot control every little tiny flight you take. I'm looking at the Typhoon H right now to see if their software also ties into the Internet each time you fly and tells you what you can and cannot do. If so ... I'm selling the Mavic. I did not sign up for big daddy to watch me all the time to see if I've wiped my nose. DJi has essentially shot themselves in the foot .... like IBM when they thought they could control the pc market by making everything proprietary. You do what people don't want ... you lose business.

I agree, let me know what you find out about typhoon h, I'm seriously considering selling

Reactions: USAirborne
Its quite clear in plain English in the Release notes that the height of 30 m and distance of 50 m restriction is always enforced "during flight", this is not what was originally described in the prompts before the update, my understanding was that it was only restricted if the user didn't log in for the first time.

Release notes:
For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft

Can any one clarify what it actually means?

DJI are really in self destruct mode if they make there products more and more restrictive. good on you DJI! great business decisions! there are 500 more drone companies waiting to take the throne.

It is written in plain English! You even quoted it yourself... when not connected or logged into the app during flight.

Meaning... YOU MUST LOG IN TO REMOVE THE RESTRICTIONS!

Reactions: Jayfly
The question is what being logged in means.
It does mean: you log into the app once. The you stay logged in there and can fly without any further actions afterwards.

It does mean: you log into the app once. The you stay logged in there and can fly without any further actions afterwards.

Pete doesn't understand the nfz update prompt, ignorance is bliss

i would stay tuned to see how other goes. its very early stages for any one to conclude either way, its until someone finds a gem like NaiveFlight's post. so far im not gonna do it, i have updated every time since .550. ill pass for now.
Oh okay haha. So I'm assuming its okay to fly? I'm actually going to fly my drone today and I will NOT update it. I'll take your advise and just wait it out and see what other bs pops up. Thanks for the response :)

Reactions: mpa and NaiveFlight
Oh okay haha. So I'm assuming its okay to fly? I'm actually going to fly my drone today and I will NOT update it. I'll take your advise and just wait it out and see what other bs pops up. Thanks for the response :)

Smart choice

Reactions: mpa
Correct. And that is how it worked until the update. Now it says "In NFZ" and "Cannot Take Off". It said "Near NFZ" before the update. Maybe I will try a complete re-install of the update in case something is glitching. I just tried the zone unlock and it says I have the yellow zone unlocked, but still no fly. I'll try the reinstall tonight and see if it changes.
If you have GEO disabled on Go4, authorization zones will be treated as NFZ. Once you enable GEO, you should be able to self-authorize.

It means logged in to the App not the internet.
When you log in at home through the net your app stays logged in regardless of internet or cell phone coverage.
Only need to have done this once the same as when you activated it in the first place.

i think its more to it than meets the eye, particularly when you are moving to a new area with different NFZ

i think its more to it than meets the eye, particularly when you are moving to a new area with different NFZ

You think. Ah.
I don't think so.
What now?

Come on folks, let's argue with facts please...

For anybody who is confused about the limitations set forth by the new firmware. If you live within 5 mi. of a NFZ - Class A (in USA - my experience), you will NOT be able to fly your drone (period). In other words, your new $1K toy is going to be useless in your yard, so don't expect to be able to show it off to your friend without driving outside of the 5 mi. radius. If you have already done this, you can downgrade your firmware (supposedly).

are you not even allowed to take off within the 5mi radius ? in previous FW it allowed this but height is severly limited, and more so the closer you get the the aerodrome.
not saying this is a bad thing but in previous FW versions you were at least allowed to have the drone in the air at a restricted height. this thing is a toy, you should be able to play in your back yard if you wanted too, not everyone will take it to crazy heights and distances.

Last edited:
Maybe this is why DJI have brought out all these changes.
The MP is a potential weapon and will be seen in that light so more controls will be put in place.
Bet the forces won't be restricted with NFZ.
Wonder if they will need internet connection to update before being allowed to fly.
IMG_0154.PNG

Maybe this is why DJI have brought out all these changes.
The MP is a potential weapon and will be seen in that light so more controls will be put in place.
Bet the forces won't be restricted with NFZ.
Wonder if they will need internet connection to update before being allowed to fly.
View attachment 15136
interesting article. though that article eludes to the mavic being used as a surveillance device for a tactical advantage due to the high resolution cameras. no weapons mentioned here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan