DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware bricked drone

May I ask how long between crash and update attempt?
I got it in Aug of 2017 wreaked it prob 3rd day of owning it. As far as updates its had every update that has come out. This is why I didn't even think twice about it when go app brought it to my attention. Dji is aware of firmware problems thus why they will add u to beta list to try to correct the problem. I called again today to get an update on case being upgraded and that o don't care about the motors or arms just want firmware issue fix. I was told what I needed was a data assessment done, should take a couple of days

So after call after call dji denied to warrant my pro. Said seeing how it had been crashed they could deny any part of the warranty. Even tho it flew fine and worked correctly before this last update. Guess I'll have to call insurance agent and get it covered. After this I wont update my platinum and never buy a dji product again! I could see if right after crash the drone wasn't right I'd accept it 100%. But drone flew fine, camera worked as intended until firmware update. Thanks everyone for any help in this and have a great day!

Have you tried to downgrade the firmware to an earlier version?

So after call after call dji denied to warrant my pro. Said seeing how it had been crashed they could deny any part of the warranty. Even tho it flew fine and worked correctly before this last update. Guess I'll have to call insurance agent and get it covered. After this I wont update my platinum and never buy a dji product again! I could see if right after crash the drone wasn't right I'd accept it 100%. But drone flew fine, camera worked as intended until firmware update. Thanks everyone for any help in this and have a great day!
if you are willing to try something, then:
1. connect it to the latest DJI Assistant and try to upgrade it to the most recent FW - this step is important, don't skip it!
2. if it fails again, close DJI Assistant, download and run latest DUMLdore, click on Pull Upgrade Logs and post the file here (maybe you will need to change the file extension to zip to upload it here)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada