DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware caution.

Well, the approach probably depends on intended use of MP. If you plan to cross the limits, or just simply want to fiddle with the settings for fun - don't update.
If you agree to use MP within boundaries set by DJI (I have to admit, this option carries some unknown as we can see from the past) - I would say you're safe to update. There are horror stories about flaws of each and every next FW version (maybe .400 and .700 were the safest from this perspective), but to be honest - I'm not fully convinced that each and every fault assigned by users to FW really belongs there. Almost no one is sharing details of their setup and flight conditions when something happens. This may be smartphone related (you know what mess people tend to have there these days), environment related (ignored interference risk) or just simple pilot mistake - almost everything tends to be thrown in "FW fault" bucket.
I was on .400 for long time, modified some settings e.g. to fly superfast - but then I was concerned about fragile gimbal.
Since I use MP mostly to film / shoot photos, and live in country where NFZ barely exists - no big deal for me, I decided. I'm on the latest FW now, no issues.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661