DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Differences? 400/550/600/700?

smithlaw

Reactions
Hey everyone. I just received my Mavic back from DJI after they finally repaired it from the lost connection/crash it took on April 17th. I know many of you swear by version .400. I believe I was running the upgraded .600 when it crashed. Now I see there is a .700 out. Can someone explain to me the differences in the different versions? I see .550 is still available through the DJI Assistant. But, would it be better to use the link another member posted for the .400? Do we lose any features when going back to older versions?

Thanks!

Hey everyone. I just received my Mavic back from DJI after they finally repaired it from the lost connection/crash it took on April 17th. I know many of you swear by version .400. I believe I was running the upgraded .600 when it crashed. Now I see there is a .700 out. Can someone explain to me the differences in the different versions? I see .550 is still available through the DJI Assistant. But, would it be better to use the link another member posted for the .400? Do we lose any features when going back to older versions?

Thanks!
My experience (not scientific )

.400 cool no major issues
.500 not so cool not so bad (NFZ enforcement I think)
.550 issues here and there with focus (NFZ enforcement)
.600 connection issues, more sensitive transmissions setting more prone to interference
.700 Nazi changes

Thanks guys. They shipped it back with .500 loaded on it. I am guessing that is what they tested it with. I find it strange they didn't upgrade to the latest/greatest .700. However, I don't know how to make the .400 load using my Mac computer. I am wondering if the .500 will be fine and not cause me the problems we see with .600/.700. Anyone with issues they remember from the .500?

Not had any issues with any version of firmware, all worked fine.

Forgive my ignorance, but where do I find my firmware I'm running?

A few have had problems with .500, .550 and .600. But personally, I've had none. Still up in the air if .400 would work with the new goggles. Also nice to have additional flying modes with .700.

Me to all work fine....my mavic flight well....but app just crashes few times to times....android user....part of app crash all work fine ...love it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki