DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Issue

Remove DJI firmware .0800 from AC and replace with .0400 or lower ?

• Droneguy18

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zane

Reactions
I currently have the following firmware version on my 2nd Mavic Pro and controller.

App: 4.0.1
RC: 01.03.0200
AC: 01.03.0800

My app is run by an Android NVIDIA SHIELD IPad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Islandguy27
This is on my 2nd Mavic Pro AC and RC.

Last edited:
I'm concerned about upgrading firmware since I understand that one must log into the DJI website before each flight since the firmware version 0800 has come out. Many times, I'm flying in areas that are "dead zones" and there's no connection to the internet. My second Mavic Pro, I just received from DJI has that version on it.
My first Mavic Pro, now about a year old, has never been updated and flies perfectly and always has. Never crashed either or even come close to having a crash. I never have my Nvidia Shield IPad connected to the world wide web during any and all flights.
I used a friend's new IPhone 8 to activate the second Mavic Pro on DJI's website (my account), since I was in fear of the activation process affecting my Android, Nivida Shield that I have been using on my first Mavic Pro AC and RC controller.

Anyway I can get rid of the .0800 firmware in the 2nd Mavic Pro AC and get it down to a firmware version like .0400 or lower ?

Also, I'm unable to fly the 2nd Mavic Pro AC higher than 100 feet and no further from the controller by roughly a distance of 500 feet.
I have set the altitude limit to 500 meters and the maximum flight distance to 8,000 meters. So, I suspect it's that blasted .0800 firmware that's creating the problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom