DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware mav air 2 I phone se 2020

Captinkirk

Reactions
Hi anyone having probs with firmware update in iOS latest Apple software fly app 131 but update saying app version 124 ????? Been on it a day dji are no help - had no probs since I brought air 2 can some one pls help ???
regards in advance - update goes to my cache in app but won’t update drone... just added some more photos I’m new to this can’t work out what’s going on but firmware won’t update to drone it sits in cache I had it plugged in for over an hour and nothing - dji says se 2020 not compatible but I’ve had no problems before with updates - it’s actulay asking for old app I think ? funny rectangle top left off app kinda greyd out !!!4850C737-5D78-4D88-BB66-09D8F6275170.png8A7EB39E-68D0-4AB3-A95C-C25E338D5C0D.jpeg11604F22-32C1-40D0-8ECB-7E21511CC247.jpeg8A90FECE-CF68-45BF-B51E-55A6BA18C3FC.jpeg835507EE-9047-4E31-967B-B8B598D6E620.jpeg88E5C16E-DAE4-44CD-8625-E15D23D5DED4.png

Last edited:
Version 1.2.4 is Android, 1.31 is IOS. Perhaps you can use the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic and install the update from your computer.

Version 1.2.4 is Android, 1.31 is IOS. Perhaps you can use the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic and install the update from your computer.
Hi there thanks for your advice I’ve tryd assist about 5 times even uninstalled assist from Mac and re installed just can’t work it out ?

Hi there thanks for your advice I’ve tryd assist about 5 times even uninstalled assist from Mac and re installed just can’t work it out ?
if you got the update to install from the assistant, I guess I am confused as to whats not working? Is it merely because the app is still prompting you to install an update, which you can ignore if you've already done it?

Depending on the specific issue, my only suggestions if app related, would be to remove and re-install the app and see if that makes any difference, and if you've already done that, try another device even if you have to borrow one to see what happens.. Finally if you're still stuck in some way, Contact DJI Support.

Reactions: Captinkirk
if you got the update to install from the assistant, I guess I am confused as to whats not working? Is it merely because the app is still prompting you to install an update, which you can ignore if you've already done it?

Depending on the specific issue, my only suggestions if app related, would be to remove and re-install the app and see if that makes any difference, and if you've already done that, try another device even if you have to borrow one to see what happens.. Finally if you're still stuck in some way, Contact DJI Support.
Hi there Thankyou for your reply .... it’s hard to explain if I do the update and leave it in the cache that says firmware it does not print again but won’t transfer to drone after leaving it for an hour thinking it was updating but was not ..... then if you empty the cache it promts you to do it all again to go round in circles - dji says se 2020 don’t guarantee blah blah ? I’ve tryd everything but another phone dji are all different opions I can’t remember doing the update is there a way of checking ? I’m running the latest hardware through dji assist done that endless times with also controller deleted app endless so I’m kinda stuck - I’m sure the lady at dji said I phone se 2020 no support guarantee I said it was working ok it has the same chip as others recommend had no probs before and they hint for me to buy a new phone etc - no surely they should check it’s compatable !!! Confused thanks for trying to help ???

Hi there Thankyou for your reply .... it’s hard to explain if I do the update and leave it in the cache that says firmware it does not promt again but won’t transfer to drone after leaving it for an hour thinking it was updating but was not ..... then if you empty the cache it promts you to do it all again to go round in circles - dji says se 2020 don’t guarantee blah blah ? I’ve tryd everything but another phone dji are all different opions I can’t remember doing the update is there a way of checking ? I’m running the latest hardware through dji assist done that endless times with also controller deleted app endless so I’m kinda stuck - I’m sure the lady at dji said I phone se 2020 no support guarantee I said it was working ok it has the same chip as others recommend had no probs before and they hint for me to buy a new phone etc - no surely they should check it’s compatable !!! Confused thanks for trying to help ???
The update promted on my fly app not dji assistant I only turned to assistant to see if that helped but didn’t arghhhh lol

The update promted on my fly app not dji assistant I only turned to assistant to see if that helped but didn’t arghhhh lol
Well, I am still a touch confused by how your explaining the issue..

If your trying to install the firmware, and it does not complete using the app, but you got it to install using the Assistant, then you should be done, specially if the page in the app shows that you have the latest firmware installed.

If you are not getting the firmware to install correctly no matter what you do, it sounds like to me that you really need to have DJI fix it for you, as there must be some issue with the AC that is preventing the update..

If you have not tried another device, that maybe the only thing you have not tried? Unless all your friends have Android, find someone with a recent iPad you can use to install the IOS app and see if you get prompted to do the updates.. Make sure you're in wifi if using a non-cellular iPad to be able to connect to the internet and see if updates are pending...

It's not, it's just saying that to use those features that are mentioned you need at least version 1.2.4 of the app.
Yes that’s what I thought but I don’t know much but I guess that is the old app ? Which I can’t go back and do update then go forward to prior app unless there is a link to install previous app ? Do update I don’t know..... regards

Well, I am still a touch confused by how your explaining the issue..

If your trying to install the firmware, and it does not complete using the app, but you got it to install using the Assistant, then you should be done, specially if the page in the app shows that you have the latest firmware installed.

If you are not getting the firmware to install correctly no matter what you do, it sounds like to me that you really need to have DJI fix it for you, as there must be some issue with the AC that is preventing the update..

If you have not tried another device, that maybe the only thing you have not tried? Unless all your friends have Android, find someone with a recent iPad you can use to install the IOS app and see if you get prompted to do the updates.. Make sure you're in wifi if using a non-cellular iPad to be able to connect to the internet and see if updates are pending...
It wouldn’t be the WiFi would it ? Maybe I should try do it over cellular ? Maybe it will eat all my data lol ?

Is the remote powered up?

It looks like it is OFF.

I've never used the Assistant and a PC for updates.

My device is connected to the home Wi-Fi and everything powered up to do the updates.

Since I haven't used my mini4 for awhile, I checked and my mini4 app version of FLY was 1.2.5.

I have updated to v 1.3.1 via the App Store.

If you think you need to downgrade to a previous version, here is version 1.1.10 released 2020-10-29 from the DJI download page.

DJI Fly

Use your phone to scan the QR code, open in Safari, and download.

AC Firmware: 01.01.0610.
RC Firmware: 2.00.1200
Fly Safe: 1.00.01.19

Good Luck. :)

Reactions: Captinkirk
Hi Thankyou
Yes tryd that earlier this is what you get I’ll post pic - yes controller was on
Much thanks ??2BA8BBA8-0DD6-4E72-8D29-63C38F116E38.png

I had the same problem. It wouldn't update FlySafe.
Uninstall DJI Fly from your device and download the DJI Fly from their site found here.

Very confounding but it will work.

I had the same problem. It wouldn't update FlySafe.
Uninstall DJI Fly from your device and download the DJI Fly from their site found here.

Very confounding but it will work.
Hi thanks
I’ve done that endless times and even with the new update since air 2 s was released it went away but then came back lol the aircraft and Rc controller is running all the latest firmware the app when you go in to it connected says it’s all updated - but it comes across the screen blah blah update but it can’t or won’t because it’s recognising it’s already there. Kinda strange don’t understand it but it flys ok ????????
still bugging me tho ?

Hi thanks
I’ve done that endless times and even with the new update since air 2 s was released it went away but then came back lol the aircraft and Rc controller is running all the latest firmware the app when you go in to it connected says it’s all updated - but it comes across the screen blah blah update but it can’t or won’t because it’s recognising it’s already there. Kinda strange don’t understand it but it flys ok ????????
still bugging me tho ?
I'm not sure if this is true for Apple devices but when you uninstall DJI Fly on Android, it leaves behind a bunch of files in a folder called DJI. Have you tried removing the DJI folder before reinstalling the app?

Make sure you sync your flight logs first as I think that those are some of the files that get left behind after uninstall.

Tryd everything mate I pad I phone 6s I phone se 2020 - as said to another member it only promts on the screen will not download or overwrite ( as I’m Already running the firmware it’s asking me to update real strange ??? air 2 flys fine but forbid anything happens DJI will say it’s my fault probably Tryd everything over 4 days solid now .... can’t believe I’m the only one on here who’s having this problem ??033315AD-5649-4805-9FB1-31610FB7DD8B.jpeg5D440EA1-0766-453F-BA11-BBB650A2729F.jpeg7F540B43-C315-4B6E-B061-9DE50963FAB2.png08604048-8AD3-4B16-86BA-30B3E5123214.pngA3055F74-472D-46E0-A623-CF3A6739C1E9.jpeg1BA82494-189F-425D-A69A-899E54B33061.jpeg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka