DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware problems?

Rustedfrog8

Reactions
I have had my mavic air for two weeks now and have no updates the firmware. The reason I decided not to is because I had read that the newer updates where having a lot of problems with apple products and with compass calibrations. I do have to calibrate my compass every time I fly but at least I get to fly. I was wondering how many people were having problems still? Or is it safe to go ahead and update now? Thank you

I’m running the latest firmware as of this post and haven’t had any issues. Maybe the only issue you’ve got is that you are running out of date firmware...

Reactions: dawgpilot
No issues with firmware using CrystalSky and ipad mini. All with latest software/firmware.

Only problem I found and have posted on elsewhere is the Air's susceptibility to magnetic interference unlike my M2P. It would insist on a compass calibration every flight and then point blank fail. Reason? Wearing an Apple watch which has magnetic charging. Others have reported similar with cold weather gloves with metal studs and multiple other metal objects. Keep away from metal and magnets and the Air is rock solid IMO.

Same experience while wearing my Fitbit. As soon as I removed it it stopped asking me to run a calibration every flight.

Reactions: dawgpilot
The reason I decided not to is because I had read that the newer updates where having a lot of problems with apple products and with compass calibrations. I do have to calibrate my compass every time I fly but at least I get to fly.
You're worried about compass calibration issues when you're experiencing compass calibration issues...

Update.

Reactions: DRM001
Hmmm. I just fired up my MA today, for the first time in about 8 months. The last firmware update I did, thru DJI Assistant, erased all of the previous versions, leaving me no evident way to roll back, but I had no issue with that.

DJI Assist2 now says it cannot find a version, though it DID update my no fly zone database.

DJI Go4 also updated my no fly zone database, and IT says my firmware is current.

What us the latest version you guys are using? Have there been recent updates? (after May 2019?)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Okay, I found I could upgrade my DJI Assistant to 2.1.5, but that wasn't the reason it couldn't load the firmware lists. It was because I needed to sign in to my DJI Account. Once I did that, I could successfully check the FW Versions of my bird and the two controllers, and yeah, looks like there hasn't been an update since around April 2019.

Kinda nice that it quieted down, imo.

Last edited:
leaving me no evident way to roll back
Just an FYI, the last firmware update disabled rollback options. You can't go back to the old firmware versions once you have installed it.

Just an FYI, the last firmware update disabled rollback options. You can't go back to the old firmware versions once you have installed it.
Aye, thank you, Doppler. I had no issue with that, as the update presented absolutely no problems for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet