DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware recommendation help

AMGKid

Reactions
I was lucky enough to put together my dream setup for my MP and would much appreciate recommendations for firmware versions for each component from forum veterans. I have been regularly updating firmware on each piece of my setup so all are on the most recent firmware (unfortunately), but after reading the great threads on this forum I I realize that I want to rollback to older, throughly tested, rock solid firmware that will lift any/all restrictions and give me piece of mind. I don’t require many (or really any) of the later “features” added by later firmwares as I just fly manual (GPS mode) and don’t use RTH unless I absolutely have to. So thanks for any suggestions and here’s my setup:
- Original Mavic Pro
- Original MP remote controller
- Several original MP batteries
- 5.5” Crystalsky monitor
- 7.85” Crystalsky monitor
- DJI Goggles RE
- Moverio BT-300 smart glasses

I was lucky enough to put together my dream setup for my MP and would much appreciate recommendations for firmware versions for each component from forum veterans. I have been regularly updating firmware on each piece of my setup so all are on the most recent firmware (unfortunately), but after reading the great threads on this forum I I realize that I want to rollback to older, throughly tested, rock solid firmware that will lift any/all restrictions and give me piece of mind. I don’t require many (or really any) of the later “features” added by later firmwares as I just fly manual (GPS mode) and don’t use RTH unless I absolutely have to. So thanks for any suggestions and here’s my setup:
- Original Mavic Pro
- Original MP remote controller
- Several original MP batteries
- 5.5” Crystalsky monitor
- 7.85” Crystalsky monitor
- DJI Goggles RE
- Moverio BT-300 smart glasses

I'm curious as to what problems you are having? I have everything up to date and have had zero issues. Btw you spent the long dollar on monitoring, whew!!! You could have purchased an Inspire with that kind of money!!!

Reactions: maven4336
From his name, if he is driving an AMG he has money!!! Lol. More importantly, which size screened monitor do you prefer?

And which AMG do you have?

Last edited:
If your up to date with the latest firmware as you stated, the point is moot for right now. The last firmware update locked down the firmware from being downgraded. You will have to wait and see if the crew working on it releases a fix.

Rob

If your up to date with the latest firmware as you stated, the point is moot for right now. The last firmware update locked down the firmware from being downgraded. You will have to wait and see if the crew working on it releases a fix.

Rob
Was released new years day

It depends on what you want to do?

1.3.900 mavic, RC & goggles if you want to fly higher and/or faster

1.3.700 "", "" & "" if you want to fly where you can't

don't use goggles but I'm sure they fixed a volume issue at some point and they changed the hud at some point, others will know more

Keep mavic & goggles the same firmware to keep head tracking

Thanks Haloweenhamster! Looks like you’ve been doing some of the custom rolled firmwares too which I’m very interested in trying. I’m a bit confused though as to how to flash them properly as they are FC only and a much smaller file size than a full fw. Do I flash standard .700 to AC and then flash the custom rolled .700 fell after a reset?

If you are say on 1.4.0000 and just want to unlock parameters then flash 1.3.700 fc followed by 1.4.0000 nofc

You don't have to go back to the same version, you can pick any fc package and any nofc package with mavic on any version of firmware

Due to the nature of 1.4.0100 if you are on it, it may be best to flash 1.4.0000 first as sometimes you need to flash twice to get off 1.4.0100

FC fw is smaller as its only the flight controller updates which is where the parameters are controlled and stored

Reactions: AMGKid
@Haloweenhamster - I'm currently on 1.4.0100 - what is best to flash if i want both 1.3.0900 (no height limit) and 1.4.0100 (pano shot) features? Or is there a custom Firmware available for that? ...the 'ultimate FW' :)
cheers!

If the mavic is on 1.3.0700 and 1.4.0000 no fc, what should my RC be on? I just want the .700 plus quickshots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028