DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Revision: Three Months and Counting

Ray&Paula

Reactions
Most Mavic Air owners are still waiting for a revision of firmware v01.00.0400 to fix all the issues that's been reported......... Has anyone heard anything positive coming for a revision?

Nope. I've downgraded my firmware and then upgraded to the newest. Still have yet to test newest rev after reseting camera back to factory settings.
Im hoping my laggy pixilated issue is just user error on my part.

Reactions: borzoiboy
What issues? I haven’t had a single issue with mine.

Yep, I'm all good on .400 as well, no issues at all running latest everything on an iPhone 7.

Reactions: Blades
Most Mavic Air owners are still waiting for a revision of firmware v01.00.0400 to fix all the issues that's been reported......... Has anyone heard anything positive coming for a revision?

I don't think "most Mavic Air owners" are waiting for a new firmware. I have had no issues (so far) with my Mavic Air and I'm having a great time with it running latest firmware :)

I'm sure there are people having issues but just like pretty much all products, those that are having problems are the ones that make them selfs heard. The big mass with units that works just fine do not hang on forums and those that do don't have a reason making a thread about how good their units work.

I don't think "most Mavic Air owners" are waiting for a new firmware. I have had no issues (so far) with my Mavic Air and I'm having a great time with it running latest firmware :)

I'm sure there are people having issues but just like pretty much all products, those that are having problems are the ones that make them selfs heard. The big mass with units that works just fine do not hang on forums and those that do don't have a reason making a thread about how good their units work.

Everybody has their opinion which is great. I'm glad that there is a lot of people that are having no issues with the latest firmware. I'm still going to hold off due to firmware v01.00.0300 being perfect in every way with the exception of RTH to Remote Location. I.M.O. it's not the AC firmware, its DJI's Go 4 app. Thanks for your input. :)

Reactions: Drgnfli
A lot of those problems are one offs or operator error. The drifting can be cured by calibrating the IMU.
Ummm, no. Plenty of experienced folks have tried multiple refreshes and re-calibrations with this F/W, and continue to have issues. Some have even grounded their A/C until an update comes out. Certainly, many folks, perhaps even a vast majority, haven't experienced problems, but I can assure you, to disregard these particular F/W issues as "operator error" is factually incorrect.

I can appreciate that some people have had issues, but I have still had zero issues for me on all the latest FW and app version. Absolutely rock solid.

Assuming that issues are the minority (you will always get many times more people posting about problems than those that are happy), there may not be much urgency at DJI despite the fact that a small amount of people legitimately need a fix and their hands are probably full with Pro2 stuff right now.

...but I have still had zero issues for me on all the latest FW and app version.

Good for you. And I too finally got one that's works well. Just don't dismiss the fact that issues exist for some that are, without a doubt, related to the F/W update and have nothing to do with "operator error". There's a big difference between doing something stupid as a pilot and having a perfectly good A/C start to perform flaky after a F/W update. I used to feel the way you do after owning several DJI products and not having F/W update issues. I'll not do it again.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Good for you. And I too finally got one that's works well. Just don't dismiss the fact that issues exist for some that are, without a doubt, related to the F/W update and have nothing to do with "operator error". There's a big difference between doing something stupid as a pilot and having a perfectly good A/C start to perform flaky after a F/W update. I used to feel the way you do after owning several DJI products and not having F/W update issues. I'll not do it again.

If you read my post, I did not dismiss anything and clearly acknowledged that some people have legit issues. I don't feel any certain "way", I just added my experience which is as valid as any other. People don't normally post when they are having no issues, and that goes for pretty much everything. I recognize there are issues for some (and that is a problem), but I also think that chances are most people are not having issues. There will never be zero problems. Hopefully DJI takes care of those who are experiencing problems that have proven not to be user error (I am not saying they all are).

Ummm, no. Plenty of experienced folks have tried multiple refreshes and re-calibrations with this F/W, and continue to have issues. Some have even grounded their A/C until an update comes out.
These people are just wasting their time waiting on an update that likely won't do anything. They should send their device for repair, since most work fine it's obviously not a software issue but something related to their unit.

I don't know why most people nowadays seem to think everything is software and that a hardware problem is never a possibility.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic