DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update FAIL X3

wehobella

Reactions
New Mavic Pro out of the box and I got the notice (on my iPhone) that the drone needs a firmware update. I've tried to complete process 3X with no success. Each time, it appears to download the software but fails when it tries to communicate to the drone. (It gets to 77% and then fails.)

Any tips/tricks?

Are you using DJI assistant2 or letting the RC and App do it?
Use Assistant 2.

Rob

I'm using the RC and App. I found "DJI Assistant" in the Apple App store. Is that the one? I've seen a video that illustrates a hard-wire to your Mac rather than an app but didn't find the location of the DJI firmware update on DJI.com

you can download here: Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

scroll down you'll see the software

but you can try with your DJI Go 4 apps, just disconnect wifi and use your mobile data is more stable.
I'm using the RC and App. I found "DJI Assistant" in the Apple App store. Is that the one? I've seen a video that illustrates a hard-wire to your Mac rather than an app but didn't find the location of the DJI firmware update on DJI.com

Same issue here, straight out of the box. Tried Go 4 app and Assistant 2. Tried different SD cards and tried both WiFi and cellular. Still flies fine so I'll just leave it

I failed 5x just keep on updating be sure to charge all
Btw I used rc mavic data plan

I had the same problem with the upgrade failing again and again.As soon as I formatted my SD card from the DJI Go app it worked like a charm!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98