DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Update Headaches

It may depend on which phone you're using. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note. When I'm inside...which is where my updates always get done...the phone automatically gets its internet from my home WiFi connection, which gets it from a Starlink dish. It only goes to the phone (5G/4G) based internet when there's no WiFi available to it.

Reactions: lensimages
well for starters during the update the drone could, and probably would become airborne, and with the props spinning all sorts of mayhem could ensue as it careered around the room
so why would you leave yourself open for such an event
Getting cut on a prop,and more probable a crash into something,not good.

You could just clamp it down for the process, like they did with the Saturn V.

If you can prop up the drone so that belly isn't sitting on the ground (or worse, the carpet) then that's a trendous help. I sit mine right ontop of a cup or glass and that allows plenty of airflow around the drone.. Still, a fan will help, also. .

If you can prop up the drone so that belly isn't sitting on the ground (or worse, the carpet) then that's a trendous help. I sit mine right ontop of a cup or glass and that allows plenty of airflow around the drone.. Still, a fan will help, also. .
Yes. This is exactly what I do WITH a small fan blowing mostly on the bottom which is what gets hot.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilldale Harry