DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update Revert!?

Tburon9

Reactions
Hello I’m new In the forum and do not even have a drone.! Yet.
I order my MM it’s coming from Shenzhen CH. almost here.!
And was wonder if after; what’s going on with the Firmware update.
should I hold on from doing update?.
Are you able to reset the drone software to original state?
Thanks

Hi,

I think that you cannot downgrade the firmware, at least from DJI Fly app. I know there is an app on windows, but i've never used it so i don't know if it is possible to downgrade with it.

As of now, i've made every update from DJI without problem, and i'm confident that DJI will quickly fix it if there is a new bug in it.

Updates are not mandatory. Research on mini updates would be beneficial.
Just because one person updates without any issue is not a guarantee that you will have the same result. There are good updates and some that may not carry the same name.

Reactions: fificap
One example.

One example.
That was the result of an erroneous flysafe DB update and not the actual FW itself. Happened to anyone in the geographic area whether they flew a mini, phantom or other DJI aircraft.

Usually it is best to wait a little before updating firmware. I broke my own rule and updated the day it came out. I could have/should have waited and that wouldn't have updated the fly safe DB right then.

That was the result of an erroneous flysafe DB update and not the actual FW itself. Happened to anyone in the geographic area whether they flew a mini, phantom or other DJI aircraft.
Still a bug.

Hi,

I think that you cannot downgrade the firmware, at least from DJI Fly app. I know there is an app on windows, but i've never used it so i don't know if it is possible to downgrade with it.

As of now, i've made every update from DJI without problem, and i'm confident that DJI will quickly fix it if there is a new bug in it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu