DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update w/smart controller

Although, the more I think about that screen the more I think it reminded me of Welsh so you probably subliminally understood it! :)

Great minds think alike :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Great minds think alike :D

Oh, you edited out the map part (email showed that reference). I'm just upgrading now! It seems to stall at 16% for quite a while. Did that yesterday, too, during the initial upgrade - 16% and ....

edited to add: update finished and I believe the offline maps are still present on my device. I've not actually used it with the drone - well, I linked it yesterday and powered up the props in my den - but NO lift-off.

Last edited:
Has anyone with the smart controller found a screen protector that fits precisely yet? There are lots of 5.5" smartphones but either they are full of cutouts or the aspect ratio is not the same.

Has anyone with the smart controller found a screen protector that fits precisely yet? There are lots of 5.5" smartphones but either they are full of cutouts or the aspect ratio is not the same.

Well, it is not here yet but I chanced it:

upscreen® Scratch Shield Clear Premium Screen Protector for DJI Smart Controller

I'd like one like the stick/screen protector I was able to get for the original (pgytech) - something plastic/rigid to protect the screen and sticks.

Well, it is not here yet but I chanced it:

upscreen® Scratch Shield Clear Premium Screen Protector for DJI Smart Controller

I'd like one like the stick/screen protector I was able to get for the original (pgytech) - something plastic/rigid to protect the screen and sticks.

That's the only one I was able to find as well - I thought it was in the UK at first because the currency defaulted to GBP, but it looks like they are somewhere else. Hopefully they hit Amazon and other similar places sooner rather than later. For $10 and free 2-4 day shipping that actually looks pretty decent.

Reactions: maven4336
Oh, you edited out the map part (email showed that reference). I'm just upgrading now! It seems to stall at 16% for quite a while. Did that yesterday, too, during the initial upgrade - 16% and ....

edited to add: update finished and I believe the offline maps are still present on my device. I've not actually used it with the drone - well, I linked it yesterday and powered up the props in my den - but NO lift-off.

I found them, so that's why I edited the post.
If you start the DJI Go app (bird doesn't have to connected) and select the 3 horizontal lines at the top right side you will see the menu selection. Scroll down to find "offline maps" and you should be able to select an area near where the controller thinks it is on the wifi connection. Don't know if it downloads anything other than the rectangular outline it displays.

I can’t get firmware to update to drone [emoji1304]...
controller updated no problem .. when I try updating m2p I get a reason stating “network disconnected “...
I read posts saying to use DJI assistant but I have no computer ....
any ideas?
I had the same problem and called technical support after many back-and-forth emails. It would not connect in anyway via cell phone or computer. Unfortunately for you, what they suggested and what worked, in order, was: 1) to be connected to DJI Assistant on a computer. 2}Turn on the drone. 3}Attach the drone via USB cable. 4) Do the firmware update.

I can’t get firmware to update to drone [emoji1304]...
controller updated no problem .. when I try updating m2p I get a reason stating “network disconnected “...
I read posts saying to use DJI assistant but I have no computer ....
any ideas?

The newest smart controller update 01 100-350 is for the smart controller only not the Mavic two if that’s the update you’re talking about

Same here
GABarber said:
When I try to connect to my mavic 2 pro from the new controller it says new firmware is avaiable - when I select start updating it shows a Network Connected then a "Connected Do.." in `the blue button (horrible UI design) then immediately says Update Failed. Restart the Equipment and try again later. Reason: network disconnected Reconnect to continue downloading.

After this no amount of resets restarts ect.. changes anything?

Following Up - I was able to sort this out. What I did was reconnect the maaic 2 pro to the original controller using my ipad mini. It was able to do the drone, controller, and battery updates without a problem. Then reconnected with the "so called smart controller". and it looked OK.

The hell of it is that now until they sort out the update issues with this controller, I am still going to drag around my old controller, cables and ipad. Grrrrr.

Last edited:
I have used 3 other android devices and all firmware update had to be done by connecting to the assistant. Have you tried that?

After having help downloading the assistant app install on my Mac, I’m very happy to say “hey Adrian, I did it”.....
everything is uploaded ,upgraded, and I am uplifted ! Batteries done too ! Now have to get out there and try waypoints !

Need help! I received my Smart Controller today and did all the updates I possibly could - including hooking it up to Assistant 2 for good measure. No matter what I did, Go 4 is still showing "latest version installed" at 4.3.10 !!
So it's actually TWO versions behind, and I bought this specifically for the waypoint feature I need for my business, not to mention precision landing isn't even available with this old version. Any help would be appreciated!

Need help! I received my Smart Controller today and did all the updates I possibly could - including hooking it up to Assistant 2 for good measure. No matter what I did, Go 4 is still showing "latest version installed" at 4.3.10 !!
So it's actually TWO versions behind, and I bought this specifically for the waypoint feature I need for my business, not to mention precision landing isn't even available with this old version. Any help would be appreciated!

it is odd as they pushed out firmware update .350 - is yours on .311 something or on .350? latter one comes with the go4 4.3.12. i suspect now may be they pulled it out, as it had sd card issue. interesting.

try connecting the controller to assistant 2 directly - it is still not pushing in the last one? what firmware version do you see showing on its screen?

Yes, I mentioned that I hooked it up to Assistant 2 for good measure - no dice though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J