DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update w/smart controller

Captain Lou

CRAZ-E-LOU
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I can’t get firmware to update to drone [emoji1304]...
controller updated no problem .. when I try updating m2p I get a reason stating “network disconnected “...
I read posts saying to use DJI assistant but I have no computer ....
any ideas?

Reactions: Napolyon1
The only way my M2 has upgraded was through the computer. I have never got it to work using the app and wifi.

controller updated no problem .. when I try updating m2p I get a reason stating “network disconnected “...
any ideas?

This is where you plead with friend/relative to allow you to install the app on their computer and run the update. Barring that going underhanded and buying a laptop from Costco, install software, update, remove software and return laptop!!!!

This is where you plead with friend/relative to allow you to install the app on their computer and run the update. Barring that going underhanded and buying a laptop from Costco, install software, update, remove software and return laptop!!!!

Well, I haven't done that :p

Just received my SC, well made and quite a good feel in the hands ;)
Fully charged SC before turning on.

I updated the Mavic/original controller firmware first, before I started the new controller.
Turned on new SC (DO NOT HAVE A MICRO SD CARD IN THE NEW CONTROLLER) and connected to my wifi network. Entered my DJI account information and then updated the firmware, after which the device re-booted. If you see some Chinese letters be sure to select/click the right hand side letters, and not the left.
After re-boot I inserted a micro sd card into the top slot of the controller and powered on Mavic 2Z.

Go into "home screen" and pull down from top of the screen and select what looks like 2 arrows in the menu to start linking the controller to the M2Z. The link button on the M2Z is located on the left hand side of M2 Z just down from the USB "C" cover.
It took all of 2 seconds to link the M2Z and controller. I went into camera view on the DJI Go app and selected camera settings and found a setting where I can sync pictures/video to the card in the controller.

There was no place I could format the sd card so I had to do this in camera settings.

Hope this helps.

Same thing happened to me with my Crystalsky, I could not get anything to update. So I grabbed my iphone and fired everything up and it immediately did the update with no problems. So frustrating that DJI can't get it's own (expensive) systems to work correctly but I've learned to deal with is because it's the best way to be able to see the screen in the bright sun.

Just received my SC, well made and quite a good feel in the hands ;)
Fully charged SC before turning on.

. If you see some Chinese letters be sure to select/click the right hand side letters, and not the left.

Hope this helps.

What are you agreeing to or not agreeing to? And why the right and not the left?

any ideas?
Same exact issue. Had to update via my desktop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf