DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro RID update but no RID number in "about"

Perfect! Now, don't go as far to actually take off.

Once the top banner shows your drone is ready for takeoff, tap it to show the Preflight Checklist.

View attachment 173294
Ok, I do know about that menu but there is still nothing that comes close to a tap for permission to take off, at least not that I can find. There's a scroll down page so it will take a few shots to cover it. I'll post those. There is an external storyline below the 3d pic but nothing else.
The only thing this wants me to do is to calibrate the compass and to calibrate the vision sensor. Other than that there's nothing.
I should also add that I have two mavic 2 pros and I've updated both of them, neither of them will give me anything. The only issue I will have before take off if I switch drones is connecting. It'll last me to connect to my mav1 or mav2 as I have them named. I'm stumped!
But I certainly do appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 17099377846314794824462920721161.jpg
    17099377846314794824462920721161.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 17099378030147899743571326684148.jpg
    17099378030147899743571326684148.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 1709937822477373385090061539914.jpg
    1709937822477373385090061539914.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
The only thing this wants me to do is to calibrate the compass and to calibrate the vision sensor. Other than that there's nothing.
Right. And in that error state, your drone is not ready to take off yet. You should clear that error and wait for the "ready for takeoff" message to appear.

BTW, those calibration messages aren't normally telling you to calibrate. Your drone is or was likely near some type of magnetic interference when it was powered on. Try taking it outside if you're having trouble clearing that message indoors.

The instructions also mention this, but you need to be running the latest version of the firmware on your drone and remote controller. You'll need to update that firmware before doing anything else if you haven't done that.

Right. And in that error state, your drone is not ready to take off yet. You should clear that error and wait for the "ready for takeoff" message to appear.

BTW, those calibration messages aren't normally telling you to calibrate. Your drone is or was likely near some type of magnetic interference when it was powered on. Try taking it outside if you're having trouble clearing that message indoors.

The instructions also mention this, but you need to be running the latest version of the firmware on your drone and remote controller. You'll need to update that firmware before doing anything else if you haven't done that.
Ok, that makes sense and I will get on that ASAP when the rain stops.
Hey, I really appreciate your time. I'm in Oklahoma, south Florida and Louisiana all the time. I'd love to buy you a beer if we can cross paths.
Thank you

Reactions: msinger
I just updated my Mavic 2 Pro to the latest firmware, app updated to the latest update. I'm not seeing the RID number anywhere. I've tried looking in "about" and under my Wifi settings in various devices. I've also started the drone outside so it would be looking at 16+ satellites. I also opened and "refreshed" the firmware in DJI Assistant. Any ideas? Is there any guidance from DJI on the latest firmware for RID for Mavic 2 Pro? Thanks.
I've checked all this also and don't see the RID info. I re-updated the drone, the R/C, and the DJI Go 4 app today and still nothing. Anyone out there have any other ideas?

I've checked all this also and don't see the RID info. I re-updated the drone, the R/C, and the DJI Go 4 app today and still nothing. Anyone out there have any other ideas?
It seems to have worked for some people but both of my m2p refuse to even start now. The light comes on but no spinnin' going on. It's pretty sad!

It seems to have worked for some people but both of my m2p refuse to even start now. The light comes on but no spinnin' going on. It's pretty sad!
Oh, boy. I can at least fly--but there's no wi-fi with the serial number and no RID serial number in the about info. I took them outside and turned the wi-fi on and off several times. Still nothing. I called DJI and the rep says that if I did the update to the latest firmware, my drones are compliant. I asked her to send me an email stating that's true! She swears she did that, too, but it could take 24-48 hours for the email to come through ;>)

Reactions: DannyTheGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne