DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update w/smart controller

I'm updating my smart controller which is not IOS
Yes ... but the app “ DJI Assistant “ is on your computer... is it a Mac or windows computer? You can do upgrade on either but I think I remember something about someone using Assistant (newer version) , not Assistant 2.... to do the upgrade .. not sure if that’s your problem but try getting “Assistant “

Yes ... but the app “ DJI Assistant “ is on your computer... is it a Mac or windows computer? You can do upgrade on either but I think I remember something about someone using Assistant (newer version) , not Assistant 2.... to do the upgrade .. not sure if that’s your problem but try getting “Assistant “

I thought "Assistant" was for the older quads only. Actually, just checked and "Assistant" can no longer even be downloaded from DJI's site.

It's showing the Smart Controller's 01.00.0310 as "current" - I believe .0350 is the current version though, but no according to Assistant 2.
try to uninstall what you have and get to this page:
Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

windows: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20181221/DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.6.exe

mac: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20181221/DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.6.pkg

unless they have pulled the .350 release which is highly unlikely.

if you also need old one for older models you may need to install it someplace else. on windows i have multiple ones installed, last one and the old 1.1.2 - it works if set to different install folders. no clue about macs.

try to uninstall what you have and get to this page:
Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

windows: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20181221/DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.6.exe

mac: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20181221/DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.6.pkg

unless they have pulled the .350 release which is highly unlikely.

if you also need old one for older models you may need to install it someplace else. on windows i have multiple ones installed, last one and the old 1.1.2 - it works if set to different install folders. no clue about macs.

Thank you for the links, but I've already been using Assistant 2 for Mavic and that's what's telling me I have the current version of 01.00.0310 on my smart controller

The most recent updates caused serious issues never seen before. My resolution was abnormal compared to previous updates. So without further delay. Equipment I used and eventually updated successfully (MP2, Standard MP2 Controller, iPhone XS).
DRONE UPDATE FIRST
1) Ensure full batteries, you will need them for all devices (MP2, Controller, iOS device)
2) I set up the MP2 (removed protective covers, unfolded arms, etc and connected the provided USB C cable to the drone and the other end to my Mac).
3) Power on the drone
4) Open the DJI assistant, let your computer detect it, click the detected device
5) It will tell you that you should update to version...X Y Z? Go for it. The process is fairly automated.
6) After the update, eject your drone from the PC and shut down power to your drone.
iOS DEVICE
1) Delete the existing application from your device.
2) Reboot your device (shut down, restart), I did this to dump any temporary files hanging on for dear life.
3) Return to the application store and install the most current DJI Go4 application.
NOW, PRETEND YOUR DOING THINGS NORMALLY
1) Turn on Remote, Turn on Drone, Open App and sign in to your DJI account
2) Most likely it will proclaim you need to update your device as the firmware version conflicts (Don't ask, it makes no sense, just proceed as normal and update via the remote control/device).
3) After completion, you should shut the drone off, the controller off, then close the application.
4) Turn everything back on. I went in the following order, Remote, Drone, iOS device.
*4.1) You may have lost recognition of your micro SD card but simply pull it out and reformat in your computer, then put it back in.
5) You should observe no conflicts at this point. You should also see waypoints as a special flight feature/mode of flight.

I hit or Miss have this issue with my Android phones, when it happens I use a ios device like my iPod touch and it goes without issue.

Good write-up above, as as trivial that process is, somehow it keeps to puzzle people.
The good part is - it seems all firmware now is operational.

I can’t get firmware to update to drone [emoji1304]...
controller updated no problem .. when I try updating m2p I get a reason stating “network disconnected “...
I read posts saying to use DJI assistant but I have no computer ....
any ideas?
Use your old controller to update the drone.

So, I'm having a problem I haven't seen on here yet. I successfully downloaded firmware V01.00.0400 to the controller, but when it goes to update it's been sitting at "updating" at 0% for a half hour! Won't let me exit either. The drone isn't connected, does it need to be for that update? Then, when I try to download and run DJI Assistant 2 to my Windows 10 machine the installer is blocked saying the Administrator has blocked the program!!! So I essentially have a $600 brick right now. Just great.

Z

Running as admin doesn’t work and I’ve turned off all virus protection and firewall.

Z

Hi everyone, need some help with a problem. I’m using the DJI app version 4.3.12 on my iPad mini 4 but cannot find offline maps on the app menu (screenshot attached). Any solutions?

Attachments

• 56DEB084-1F9D-4873-A00E-DA73B29BF68D.png
    56DEB084-1F9D-4873-A00E-DA73B29BF68D.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos