DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update

Talking about "recalibrating" ... several times, at various times after turning on the phone and transmitter I get a circle on the iPhone and a message like "roll the ball around the screen to calibrate" ... This has even happened while flying, which is VERY disconcerting .. Try as I may I cannot ever get more than about 1/4 of the way around the circle w. the little ball before the display goes back to normal. NEVER happens at any other time, any other app, ... what the h*** is going on??

I've seen the same on my Android phones... usually happens when I fire up an App that wants to use the Compass (but usually only if it has been awhile since I used the compass or my location has changed substantially). I've not yet had it happen except right there at the beginning.. not after the app has been running for awhile.

Talking about "recalibrating" ... several times, at various times after turning on the phone and transmitter I get a circle on the iPhone and a message like "roll the ball around the screen to calibrate" ... This has even happened while flying, which is VERY disconcerting .. Try as I may I cannot ever get more than about 1/4 of the way around the circle w. the little ball before the display goes back to normal. NEVER happens at any other time, any other app, ... what the h*** is going on??

This is so disturbing and f****Ing irritating, and it shows up all the time.......
I'd kill for a solution..... I might also do so if it won't stop appearing. [emoji23]‍♂️

I do not understand why people think that items that have a firmware update do not have to be recalibrated. When you update your computer many times you need to reboot it. This is the same with a drone. The cost of a short cut is an uncontrollable drone.

If by recalibrate you mean the IMU then Nope!
I have gone from .300 to .400 to .500 and now back to .400 without ever calibrating the IMU. In the three months I have had the Mavic I have only calibrated the compass twice and on my last flight it landed within 2 inches from the take off point coming back from 3000+ feet away after a signal loss.

All you need to do is put the Mavic on a level table and check the IMU diagnostic readings. If they are in the Low green section your good to go. As the other op stated it is only after a crash that the IMU may need to be recalibrated.

Rob

This is so disturbing and f****Ing irritating, and it shows up all the time.......
I'd kill for a solution..... I might also do so if it won't stop appearing. [emoji23]‍♂️
Turns out it is in the iPhone "Compass" App ... which apparently the DJI GO App uses for the transmitter compass info ... If you "slosh" the phone about for a second or two it will go away ... run the Compass App and you'll see the ball-circle calibrate screen for a second or two when it starts ...

I have about 11hrs 41 min so far in my MP. I never update the FW since I bought it last February. I ignore the latest update FW request. The updates mentioned seem not relevant to me for its something that I can live without. As of to date, its flies as good as I got it day one. ...hope I don't screw it up.

any advice....

" If it aint broke, why fix it ...."

Have a safe flight you all....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18