DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware updates.

Stargazer52

Reactions
Just wondering here, if you Pro is flying well with no issues why would you update your firmware and risk having problems? Or do they have it to where you can’t power up with out latest update.

I am looking to purchase a Mavic Pro but have to say it seems to be the luck of the draw if you get a trouble free unit. I am hearing DJI has poor quality control which if true really sucks! It’s a lot of cash to lay out for a possible bad experience.
I would love to hear I am wrong about this.
Thanks

Firmware updates are optional, so you don't have to update. I've always installed the latest updates and never ran into any problems with my Mavics.

Reactions: macoman
i am the axact opposite, i will never update and mine will never see the internet again, she flys great and everything works as it should so no need to update unless they offer more features,,,,,, but hardly doubt that with the new release of the new mav they wont offer any new featires for the old mav, go with the saying

"IF IT AINT BROKE,,,,,,DONT FIX IT"

Reactions: Clinton1
Hey thanks for the reply! Man I wanna get the pro so bad, just am afraid of getting a lemon. I dread having to send it in for a faulty fan, mother board ect. Is it true their qc dept is a bit poor? If it works as advertised I would grab one in a heartbeat! Also do running Platinum blades really quiet the Pro down? Thanks!

with the new mav released the old ones should be selling much cheaper so grab a used mav pro and be happy, like any electrontic item theres the chance for a glitch but thats no reason to not get one, get a good used one of a long time member on here and i think u will be happy, i have no idea on sending in the mav for repairs as mine runs fine, theres enouhg good knowledge on this site if u havea probem some one can help u out

Go out and get it. I am no DJI fanboy, and i am very impressed with what they have in this quad. I am still on firmware that was released last year April, with a modded Go4 app. Not a single glitch on the craft. I just fly around and look at the world from above. Never even tried the special features they always introduce. Very happy with mine.

Reactions: Storyline
Hey thanks for the reply! Man I wanna get the pro so bad, just am afraid of getting a lemon. I dread having to send it in for a faulty fan, mother board ect. Is it true their qc dept is a bit poor? If it works as advertised I would grab one in a heartbeat! Also do running Platinum blades really quiet the Pro down? Thanks!
There's at least one video on You tube where they run both the Pro and the Platinum and use an audio gauge and it shows the Platinum to be quieter, mainly because of the blades, I think.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique