DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware upgrade

I have managed to upgrade the aircraft but am getting the following screen when I try to download to the controller.It does not show the firmware options. Is that because the server is busy? I have followed the instructions. What would happen if I fly the aircraft with having upgraded the controller. I have a similar issue with the batteries. Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 141
Are you trying to update the firmware from your phone?? I have a note 8 and have to use the dji assistance app on a computer in order for it to update... dji doesnt like the droids....
I just updated mine on computer, no problems...

Reactions: FMR and WAXMAN
Are you trying to update the firmware from your phone?? I have a note 8 and have to use the dji assistance app on a computer in order for it to update... dji doesnt like the droids....
I just updated mine on computer, no problems...

Mine wouldn’t update using an iPhone but when I updated the Go4 app then retried, all worked out fine.;)

I am using a laptop running Windows 10. It looks like the aircraft has updated and maybe the batteries. The controller does not seem to want to update and i guess consequently, I can't connect it to the aircraft.

I am using a laptop running Windows 10. It looks like the aircraft has updated and maybe the batteries. The controller does not seem to want to update and i guess consequently, I can't connect it to the aircraft.

You are putting the Controller into CONNECTING mode? When I first attached my controller, I just plugged it in - it did come to life (charging or some such) but nothing else happened until I did the short press/second press to connect it.

I had an issue when it froze on a couple of attempts on the laptop, upgraded assistant to the latest version and all went perfect. Although even after freezing through the process it still showed in go4 as completed with the latest firmware, I just wouldn’t have trusted it without seeing the ‘complete’ tab

Reactions: Flying Tick
Getting the controller recognised by Assistant 2 seems a bit finicky, try connecting then turning it on rather than turning on then plugging in - or vice versa ;)
When it's recognise it should go straight to the screen with available updates.

Reactions: gtione
Is anyone having issues with upgrading the new firmware? I have a mavic 2 zoom with a note 8

Well I had upgraded to the latest firmware for my Mavic 2 Pro and the Controller. On this Saturday I went out for a flight the whole 20min. everything were normal. When the battery getting down to about 30% then I hit the RTH and the drone came back as usual but when it's about 0.2m around the homepoint I thought it was going to land then the drone moved back further to about 15m behind me and trying to land. But at this point it was just above the tree top and started to land. It then crashes into the trees.

I think there might be some problem with the RTH so if you used it just used visual to spot your drone 1st and then disengage the auto landing and land it manually.

Attachments

• RTH Issue.png
    RTH Issue.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: santana007
I upgraded my M2Z yesterday and tested precision landing 10x. It hit the 32” helipad each time.

This is new. It downloads to 7% and then fails. Is it because the server is still busy or is there something wrong?

I'm not around my laptop so I cant use it to upgrade.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Screenshot_20181125-124951.jpegScreenshot_20181125-125014.jpegScreenshot_20181125-125038.jpeg

Last edited:
I have managed to upgrade the aircraft but am getting the following screen when I try to download to the controller.It does not show the firmware options. Is that because the server is busy? I have followed the instructions. What would happen if I fly the aircraft with having upgraded the controller. I have a similar issue with the batteries. Thanks
Ok, so I havent thoroughly gone thru this thread for similiar instances but I can attest to the exact same issue, same phone, same drone. however, what differs from you is that my M2Z isnt new.

Ive succesfully updated it a 2 other times (when 1st got it & to the .0100 FW) with no issues but now, upgrading from .0100 to .0200, the AC did as usual, flawless, but the RC isnt showing up.

I believe it to be a pc drivers issue. Luckily, the update went thru via Note8 and Go4 app (4th time was a charm)

I looked but could find no separate drivers for download. Any posts I found all said the drivers are installed with the Assistant 2 prgm.

All I can say, is try your mobile and go4, but if it gives you trouble, try making small changes, like pwring up the AC 1st or vice versa, resetting your mobile, etc

Good luck

With FW For Mavic 2 Make Sure to use Version V2.0.4 DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic I had same problem trying to update RC with older Version

Reactions: ssvdh66
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIFly