DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.00.0300

i think what we can all take from this thread,is the fact that it is a good idea to calibrate the compass away from interference of any sort, before your first flight,that way at least you know it is reading correctly it is such a simple procedure, as for the EMU i think that if one is asked to calibrate it then fine ,otherwise it is purely a personal thing for each of us to decide,whether we do or dont do it

Don’t understand what the big deal regarding compass calibration is. The process takes 10 to 15 seconds. Why not err on the side of caution???

True,
But I mean calibrate everything out of the box and after firmware updates:
Compass
IMU
Gimbal
Controller

That is the only way how I got mine to fly right - even though it did not ask me to calibrate.

Don’t understand what the big deal regarding compass calibration is. The process takes 10 to 15 seconds. Why not err on the side of caution???
Bingo!

Reactions: pmshop
Interesting reading here.
Plenty of differing opinions on this subject. Me personally, it won’t get one unless I’m asked. One of the p4p’s I have has traveled all the way across the US and never had an issue.

The problem is if you calibrate it too often you run the risk of calibrating it in a bad spot. You can't always tell just by looking if there is magnetic interference in an area. I set my Mavic down in a field once and the compass went nuts. Turns out there was a big steel plate under the ground there. If I had calibrated the compass there it would have been severely messed up.

I know what has been said before.
But consider, the Mavic Mini is a new animal.
It took a full re-calibration to fix my issues out of the box.
YAW without input and gimbal not holding the horizon.

I calibrate my compass only when prompted by the controller (both MA and MM). Usually this is requested it when I fly from my previous location. In my case 95 miles. No big deal, it takes a only a minute and I am underway.

Nothing wrong with it at all....... some people would complain if you hanged them with a brand new rope ??‍♂️

Did update in the morning and logged 1.5 hours today, everything seems to work perfectly. I was in few far locations so I was prompted for compass calibration twice.
To bad I didn't see any new features :(

Reactions: old man mavic
For me, I would be concerned about losing a perfectly good calibration to a less than perfect one. If it doesn't seem broke, don't fix it.

I’m not sure if I am missing something but I thought the updates were forced.I went to update my MM last night,the update was available but it would also let me take off without updating.
I did update anyway ?

I’m not sure if I am missing something but I thought the updates were forced.I went to update my MM last night,the update was available but it would also let me take off without updating.
I did update anyway ?
I believe the first one was a forced, but not the last two.
At least for me anyway. This new one does help with how the motors function.

Last edited:
Reactions: scooot
i think it depends on the type of update, the ones that update the geofencing tend to be forced, but really the operating firmware updates mostly improve the performance of the drone so why would you not do them as time goes on they will get less and less anyway,i have not had an update for my MPP for the best part of a year

Last edited:
Reactions: scooot
I upgraded my Mavic Mini and Controller with V01.00.0300 using the Assistant on my computer without a hitch. Now, when I first received the Mini, I upgraded them with V01.00.0200 and the batteries also required the upgrade. I didn't see any requirements to upgrade the batteries during the 0300 upgrade. I guess this is OK?

Reactions: bebbe
WIth the latest firmware update i got prompted to update 1 of my 3 batteries. The last firmware update i had similar. Quite odd but all batteries work

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming