DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware version and aeroscope

aero scope is in fact enabled by a firmware update in the flight controller to the wifi controller module, i believe in version 1.04.000 so if you roll back to anything before that the wifi module should not be broadcasting anything for aeroscope to receive as far as the drone and user identifiers.
it will probably see that a mavic is up but not what the serial number or owner's dji account is like normal
Aeroscope is on all firmware but only can be tampered, like driven a car with no plates

Aeroscope is on all firmware but only can be tampered, like driven a car with no plates
That's how I understand it too....

AeroScope works with all current models of DJI drones, which analysts estimate comprise over two-thirds of the global civilian drone market. Since AeroScope transmits on a DJI drone’s existing communications link, it does not require new on-board equipment or modifications, or require extra steps or costs to be incurred by drone operators. Other drone manufacturers can easily configure their existing and future drones to transmit identification information in the same way.

I'll definitely fly no matter what, no cheap drone for you. ;) I was considering rolling back the firmware, and if it removed the aeroscope capability, it would be another point in favor of doing it.
It is my understanding that aeroscope is monitoring the signal between the controller and the AC. Not sure that there is ever a need for DJI to change that relatively standard communication, so I doubt that the FW was previously made to be trackable. Therefore, in my opinion, you won't find a FW that prevents Aeroscope.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock