DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware version

Boog0822

Reactions
I haven't flown in a few weeks due to weather and other things going on here. Just charged everything up getting ready to update firmware. I updated all the notifications except the NFZ. Is this the correct version or most up to date version? This is what it says after the update. Is this still version 500 if I'm ready this correctly? I thought I updated.
107dd1459551f5bba3422fab178b54ab.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PanthersFan
Yes. It shows you're on firmware .500. You haven't updated in quite a while.

How do I update? It came on and said hardware not compatible (something like that) then I accepted and it started updating. Should I even update?

Update via DJI Assistant connected to your Mavic and the Internet, not via your mobile device if you can help it. It's always more reliable that way.

Updating is a personal choice. I have MPs on .400 and .700 and am quite happy. Others readily upgrade and are happy with the newest firmware. Lots of reasons not to upgrade. Many people though will tell you that .400 or .700 are the best firmware versions, pre "DJI flight and registration restrictions". I'd agree, so if you're not going to update to the newest firmware, you might want to consider going back to .400 or up to .700. Read here how to rollback (or in your case roll up) to other firmware versions other than those currently offered by DJI (.900 or .1000).

How to rollback Mavic firmware

You can always stick with .500 if you're happy with it. Many people get hellbent on updating to the newest version for no reason other than they think it's better. If you're happy with how your MP is running, then there's no need to change anything. Changing firmware messes with your settings and can introduce as many issues as it fixes.

"Hardware not compatible" is DJI's not-so-subtle way of making/fooling people upgrade their firmware. However, it's not mandatory. I simply click the "Ignore" button, and have been doing so forever. It still flies just perfectly.

Last edited:
"Hardware not compatible" is DJI's not-so-subtle way of making/fooling people upgrade their firmware. However, it's not mandatory. I simply click the "Ignore" button, and have been doing so forever. It still flies just perfectly.

Agreed... While we're here, What goes on with that. I judiciously NEVER light up my GO4 app and my mavic if I'm connected to wifi and I deliberately use an IPAD because it's not cellular capable. The DJIGO4 app is a kluge on my android. Constantly drained my battery.

So, if I'm not connected, how is it giving me these "Warnings".

I just ignore them, and since I rolled back my DJI go APP on the Ipad back to 0700 the nasty flight restrictions warnings disappeared.

I wonder if they have some communication satellite that pings the DJI their products on the band as the GPS signals and sends a message. ( Wait for it.. I can see that now)
Fortunately I guess I got my mavic just in time, before they really went crazy with their ultimatums - comply or be grounded.

Reactions: theflyingcat
But I thought I was updating to the latest when the told me my hardware was not compatible. I agreed to update and it went through a few minutes of blinking lights on my MP and battery and on my phone it was giving me a percent count up til done. When it finished it asked me if I wanted to update the no fly zones and I clicked no. Then I checked the version and it still said 500. Hmmm... What did I update then???

Agreed... While we're here, What goes on with that. I judiciously NEVER light up my GO4 app and my mavic if I'm connected to wifi and I deliberately use an IPAD because it's not cellular capable. The DJIGO4 app is a kluge on my android. Constantly drained my battery.

So, if I'm not connected, how is it giving me these "Warnings".

I just ignore them, and since I rolled back my DJI go APP on the Ipad back to 0700 the nasty flight restrictions warnings disappeared.

I wonder if they have some communication satellite that pings the DJI their products on the band as the GPS signals and sends a message. ( Wait for it.. I can see that now)
Fortunately I guess I got my mavic just in time, before they really went crazy with their ultimatums - comply or be grounded.

Clever! I am gonna use an old Phone without sim as well. Just few things wanna to discuss with you, hope you can help.

Condition: App - 4.0.7 Firmware RC& Mavic - 700
Just have this done and ready to use an old phone to fly in airplane mode.

1) If we want to avoid from update by dji. We always need to fly in no data/no internet connection mode, am I right? And Is our function of return home is same as before? Any influence? How about the accuracy of gps recording flying route on the map?

2)Also like you said, I do think we should avoid opening the app when device is connect to Internet. Someday dji may force our app update if they take it serious I think. So it is better not login of our account in the app. That will cause two problems I think: maps and log.

Maps: what I do is cache the map with iPhone map with Internet on (app off) to the places I want to fly this time. Then disconnect Internet and fly. So the map in the app will shows the detail. Any better idea?

Logs: I always like to see the flying log. But since we choose not let app connect to Internet. Any idea to see the log? some people say using airdata or some website. How does it work if we do not connect the Internet and since we don't log in app. We lost our Mavic somewhere, we cannot use the log to locate it right? Any thoughts.. My first idea is to connect to Internet and log in the app after flying and power of Mavic to upload record... But then I realise it is better not let the app connect to Internet. lol.

3) last, it is okay to connect Mavic to computer using usb and open assistant 2 with Internet connection ? I think it is better disconnect the Internet, what do u think?

Thanks you !

I'm really starting to second think the firmware upgrades. I have upgraded my new MP every time it asks but after flying my P4P for the first time yesterday and reading the horror stories about unusable drones post updates. I'm at latest and greatest on my MP but no telling when/if dji will roll something out that cripples our MP's.

Only thing i would update is the goggles.
As to the rest, the older the better,and turn off all updating, go airplane mode.
Go off grid if not too late.
If newer firmware and GO app, roll back, and go dark.

How do I update? It came on and said hardware not compatible (something like that) then I accepted and it started updating. Should I even update?
Do not update to 1000 yet. A lot of people including myself are having lots of problems with that firmware.

What problems with 1000? I'm running it and it's fine, as are my work colleagues, I've actually seen very little issues posted other than not being update the firmeware, but this is not aircraft or flying related? Some were having issues with flight data not displaying in Assistant 2 is that what you mean?

What problems with 1000? I'm running it and it's fine, as are my work colleagues, I've actually seen very little issues posted other than not being update the firmeware, but this is not aircraft or flying related? Some were having issues with flight data not displaying in Assistant 2 is that what you mean?
I don't really know how to explain it but it was like a car motor when it's got a bad miss in it or something. Sounds like it never gets up to full speed and it flutters, If you're running it without any problems then that's all good but there are many that are having problems with it.

Well I'm gonna check the firmware again tomorrow and give it a two battery test flight around the neighborhood and see how she flies.
If I'm still on .500 then I have no idea what I updated.
Also, do you need to update the app before you can update firmware any further? Or maybe if you don't update the app you don't have to update the firmware at all? I noticed I'm running app version 4.0.7 and the newest version in the Play Store is 4.1.5 for Android.

Last edited:
Also, do you need to update the app before you can update firmware any further? Or maybe if you don't update the app you don't have to update the firmware at all?

You don't need to update the app to update the firmware. (You can use DJI Assistant too if you don't want to use the app/cell service.) And no, thus far (other than the Spark), you don't have to update the firmware at all.

If you upgrade to 03.1000 will it also upgrade the NFZ automatically it keeps asking me to do?

It does, but there has been a new NFZ DB released after 1000 and that's what it's asking you for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1