DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First AEB Raw photo edit

Amckim2084

Reactions
I'm sure I butchered it in a photographers eyes but hey, I like it. Taken in AEB mode in Raw. Merged in Photoshop then just played around with the adjustments. First is the digital negative, (which I had to convert to JPEG in order to upload here). Second is the edit of course.

Before.jpgAfter.jpg

I'm sure I butchered it in a photographers eyes but hey, I like it. Taken in AEB mode in Raw. Merged in Photoshop then just played around with the adjustments. First is the digital negative, (which I had to convert to JPEG in order to upload here). Second is the edit of course.

View attachment 96451View attachment 96452
Its great. Good job!

Reactions: Amckim2084
Good work,, and great start. The exposure and dynamic range is well done.

If you would mind, a gentle critique, only to help you improve.

The overall color/white balance is too far on the yellow/green side. Needs more magenta/blue added. Unless you were going for that effect, but it kind of looks like looking through those yellow tinted sunglasses to me. ?

Im not sure if it's possible to adjust the white balance of a merged HDR raw in photoshop or not, I've never used it for that in a verrry long time because I've always found Photoshop's ability to work with RAW files very limiting

If you plan to do a lot of HDR type photos, I highly recommend AuroraHDR, it's not terribly expensive but I think it does HDRs the best out of any HDR program I've ever used.

Good work,, and great start. The exposure and dynamic range is well done.

If you would mind, a gentle critique, only to help you improve.

The overall color/white balance is too far on the yellow/green side. Needs more magenta/blue added. Unless you were going for that effect, but it kind of looks like looking through those yellow tinted sunglasses to me. ?

Im not sure if it's possible to adjust the white balance of a merged HDR raw in photoshop or not, I've never used it for that in a verrry long time because I've always found Photoshop's ability to work with RAW files very limiting

If you plan to do a lot of HDR type photos, I highly recommend AuroraHDR, it's not terribly expensive but I think it does HDRs the best out of any HDR program I've ever used.
Thanks for the tips. I honestly don't know what I'm doing when it comes to photo editing as far as colors and all the other settings with it.

Here's how a person with absolutely no photoshop skills edits with photoshop lol.

Basically, watched Youtube to figure out how to shoot AEB and merge the photos. Then there was a drop down box for white balance and I chose the one that looked good to me to start out with, in this case it was shade. From there, I just started moving the bars left and right until I got something that wasn't horrible lol. I did have to reset it a few times because of how bad it turned out lol.

I take it you like the pointillism school of art ?
Funny you say that. My art teacher from junior high had us do something like that once. Took a comic strip from a newspaper and projected it up on a giant canvas. Then filled in all the dots til we recreated the strip on the canvas. Turned out pretty cool.

I want to like it..I really do but to me it looks like a before and after cataract surgery but with more detail in the shadows. Maybe I only say that because I really like the first one:)

I want to like it..I really do but to me it looks like a before and after cataract surgery but with more detail in the shadows. Maybe I only say that because I really like the first one:)
Fair enough. At least I admitted to the butchering lol

Reactions: hiflyer201
I have had cataract surgery and the second one is like pre-op and the first one is is like post-op....things I thought had yellowed over the years were actually brilliant white...it was my biological lenses that had yellowed!

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky