DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Pro: Escaping photo defaults - manual settings, RAW

busting_bravos

Reactions
New user to the forum and this is my first post, nice to meet you all.

I am a DSLR photographer and a US-based Part 61 private pilot ASEL / Part 107 sUAS. I am a new Mavic 3 Pro user.

This is such a basic question but I have found the DJI documentation so difficult to navigate.

How do I change the file format from JPEG to RAW? How do I change away from auto-exposure to manual exposure in order to take creative control of the camera?

Thanks for your time and help.

Best starting point - take the props off the drone and fire up the controller and the drone with the drone sitting on a desktop. Aiming the drone at an interesting subject isn't a bad idea.

Once the drone and the controller are fired up you should be seeing the drone camera image on the controller. Tap the three dots in the upper right corner and it will bring up the settings. Go to Camera and you will see all of the options you can set up for your shooting pleasures.

(1): To change from JPEG to RAW: In the bottom right hand corner of the RC screen you will see an Icon that displays the file format you are currently in. You will probably see JPEG, if you tap on that a menu will pop up any you can either select JPEG, RAW, or JPEG+ RAW. Tap on RAW to change to RAW.

(2) To change to pro control: tap the camera icon that’s in the same area as the JPEG and RAW toggle (in the bottom right hand corner). The icon will display the mode you’re in (pro or auto). You will then be able to change shutter, white balance, ISO, Aperture, and a lot more.

Here Is a great intro video also,

Have fun flying your M3P!

Last edited:
How do I change the file format from JPEG to RAW?
You should see two lines of camera data down in the bottom right of the screen.
Tap on those to bring up the camera menu.
i-N7BfGMw-M.jpg

That will bring up a camera control menu:
i-jVJB4ZR-M.jpg

Tap on the three lines icon and the diaphragm icon under to find more
How do I change away from auto-exposure to manual exposure in order to take creative control of the camera?
Tap on the camera icon in the bottom right to go from "pro" to auto.

Reactions: Dbez1
Reactions: Dbez1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne