DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First attempt at processing some video

Stargazer55

Reactions
Hiya.
Attached, or hopefully in the link below is my first attempt at some editing some recent footage. I used Davinci Resolve 15 which is such a great package once you get used to it.
Not very long clip, but is good practice for my next time out. Roll on nicer weather! Concrete Barges

Thanks for reply. They are in England, Rainham Essex, just off Coldharbour Lane.
Hopefully you can see the screen shot below for the surrounding roads

Consider: Bookends - for a single location, do a long decent from a distance as the first clip to establish location and draw the viewer in to the subject then do the reverse as the last scene to enforce an open and a close.
Add some title frame at the beginning and credits at the end to make it feel more finished.
Next, cut the music so that the actual end of the piece of music is the end of the credits on the end. This will likely require a fade in on the beginning of the music which is actually somewhere in the middle of the full piece.
Try to cut scenes to the musical cues and arrange cuts to cue on powerful points when possible.
Remember that at 4K, you can get away with some digital zoom in post to add another level of control.
Finally, edit for your anticipated audience and view it with their eyes. Be your own worse critic.
Here's one of my videos as an example of some of the points mentioned:
Speakers on - enjoy

Len Savage
Pegasus Aerial Images (.com)
San Diego

Hi Len

Thank you so much for reply and taking the time to share your insights and obvious mastering of the creation of video. Your movie is superb.

I will most certainly try to adopt the suggestions you have made and attempt to weave them into my movies in the future.

I really do appreciate your truthful criticism and observations of my movie and would like to thank you for your very useful tips, I look forward to trying them out soon!

Thanks again
Chris

I enjoyed the music track, but it doesn’t appear to be royalty free.

Hi there. I Googled royalty free music and found bensound, it's royalty free so long as you plug him in any notes, which I did on the YouTube channel. I'd be interested to know what makes you feel its not?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard