DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First charge — I guess I screwed up

So, I got my new MA2 today and started charging the batteries. I put all three into the charging hub and the first one got a full charge before I saw a couple of YouTube vids saying the batteries should be charged separately the first time. I immediately took the batteries off the hub and plugged the second battery in separately. I hope this is no big deal.
I charged all 3 on the hub the first time and they are fine. I did however update the firmware on the batteries before putting them on the charger. It was also the previous firmware version back in May. No issues at all with the batteries.

You can disagree if you wish, it is/was a well known fact they had a glitch in a firmware they have since corrected. It only happened on the initial first charge using the hub. IF you charged the batteries independent, then used the hub it didn't rear it's evil head, if not you could get bricked batteries.

can’t watch bonehead YouTube videos. They are starting to drive me nuts. I’m not going to donate to some one guessing anymore or that just knows basic knowledge goes by rumours and friggin guesses the rest. It’s a good thing these companies picked up on the fact that we are boneheads and they can peddle peddle the things by simply feeding greed. Good thing DJI makes good stuff. In the fpv market it’s worse you got a couple guys that know as much as anyone’s else after 2 weeks but they hold back just enough and play up products sh sh sha shameless

You can disagree if you wish, it is/was a well known fact they had a glitch in a firmware they have since corrected. It only happened on the initial first charge using the hub. IF you charged the batteries independent, then used the hub it didn't rear it's evil head, if not you could get bricked batteries.
lol
its a hand on the forehead moment

So, I got my new MA2 today and started charging the batteries. I put all three into the charging hub and the first one got a full charge before I saw a couple of YouTube vids saying the batteries should be charged separately the first time. I immediately took the batteries off the hub and plugged the second battery in separately. I hope this is no big deal.
I did the same thing and have had zero problems. I wouldn't worry about it and fly on!

I done exactly the same as you. Never had a problem. They get charged one at a time anyway on the charger

If they work, the fly on!

If they don't work, just plug each one into the cable from the charger for a couple minutes and they should be fine.

Only a few batteries actually had the problem.

Reactions: EmsAir
I would disagree with the Youtube video. The Charging Hub is a sequential charger, which means it charges one battery at a time. The sequence is determined according to the remaining power level, with more fully-charged batteries receiving power first. Let the batteries reach room temperature before you charge them.
These batteries are Lithium Ion. They will not obtain a memory and do not have to be discharged before charging like older battery technologies.
The charging hub operates on the 3 smart batteries by interrogating them for a variety of things, but a very important item missing is the INITIALISATION before their first proper charge. It is highly recommended that if you buy multiple batteries (e.g. in the Fly More pack) that you do the FIRST charge individually on the solo charger. Then use the 3-way bank. The batteries are shipped from DJI in a state that requires this procedure to be followed so as not to cause a potential KNOWN problem. If an owner is in a super hurry and wants to risk battery failure, then more fool them. And risk the drone dying in flight, too. Some people just cannot heed safety warnings ....... ? ⚠️

I had a problem with a battery, put all 3 on charge and 1 refused to charge. plugged it the aircraft and had a flight it then charged perfectly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
573Trader