DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First couple weeks with the M2P

Boxer1200

Reactions
First few weeks with the drone have passed. I’ve been really happy with it. First drone I’ve owned so not much to compare it to, but even so what a marvelous piece of technology. Been trying some stills, some video, and even some mapping. It’s been so windy, I’ve only had it out 3 times. Run through 9 batteries. Spent most of that time learning the functions and doing little controllability exercises, RTH(to learn how it’ll behave), etc.

I pieced together a little video of some clips. I know I’ve got a long way to go....not a very interesting subject. I’m just trying to sort out the editing thing and how the drone works at this point. In the meantime, thanks for all the info here as I continue to lurk and absorb.

I'd say you are off to a great start! Nice smooth video with good transitions between interesting shots. Nice job.

You are so much further along than I was at this point. You have some innate ability. Great job.

Reactions: LoganAir
Thanks for the compliments. I need to find some more interesting subject matter around here to video. This was pretty boring. But, it was a big open area with few people to practice which was nice.

I agree with all the comments above. Really well done, both on the flying end and in editing. Great eye for composition. Kudos.

First few weeks with the drone have passed. I’ve been really happy with it. First drone I’ve owned so not much to compare it to, but even so what a marvelous piece of technology. Been trying some stills, some video, and even some mapping. It’s been so windy, I’ve only had it out 3 times. Run through 9 batteries. Spent most of that time learning the functions and doing little controllability exercises, RTH(to learn how it’ll behave), etc.

I pieced together a little video of some clips. I know I’ve got a long way to go....not a very interesting subject. I’m just trying to sort out the editing thing and how the drone works at this point. In the meantime, thanks for all the info here as I continue to lurk and absorb.

Excellent job. What editing program are you using please.

I was trying out DaVinci Resolve. It’s worked ok. It’s free and fairly intuitive.

Yes, nice video.
I would guess you have some kind of photography experience as the shot composition is good.
And the shots are done smoothly with good drone control.

Glad to see you using Resolve.
Not many 'new-comers' to Resolve would classify it as 'intuitive', so another leg-up for you there as well.
Time to dive into the color-grading power that Resolve offers to take it to the next level.
Casey Farris has some of the best Resolve tutorials on YouTube.

You might outta consider buying the program at some point as the benefits/features of the full program are way worth the $299.

Nice work.

You get 2 licenses if you buy resolve, so you can share it with a friend

For
Life
Time
?

Maybe down the road I’ll consider that. My first issue on that end will be computing power. I had to take over my son’s low-mid range gaming laptop to do this project. I’d never heard the fans working that hard.

Well you way better then me i not even started editing yet. But i bought filmora 9 so be working on my edits soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki