DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash - now I have the dreaded gimbal error

bigjimmi

Reactions
Hi folks, first-time poster here

So yesterday I crashed for the first time. I was bringing the Mavic into land (was about 8 feet up) when I clipped the edge of a tree. The props caught and the drone kinda got sucked into the tree before slowly tumbling down from about 6 foot high. Nothing looked damaged other than some very small scratches on 1 of the props.

However, now when I start the drone up I get the gimbal overloaded error :(

The springy bed it sits on had come out of the 3 tabs, so very carefully I put it back under. Everything looks fine now but I still get the error. I've tried to calibrate the gimbal but it sticks at 5% and fails. The only thing I did notice was a small white line, like a crease running across one of the ribbon cables.

I'm assuming I need to send it to DJI ( I have care refresh) but wondered if I'm missing anything obvious so thought I'd post here first.

Am I missing anything? See attached pics.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1839.JPG IMG_1840.JPG IMG_4953.JPG IMG_7163.JPG

This is more than likely the cable as they are quite delicate really. You do not have to use your care refresh just send it to DJI as the repair might be cheaper but they will let you know.

Reactions: bigjimmi
Hi folks, first-time poster here

So yesterday I crashed for the first time. I was bringing the Mavic into land (was about 8 feet up) when I clipped the edge of a tree. The props caught and the drone kinda got sucked into the tree before slowly tumbling down from about 6 foot high. Nothing looked damaged other than some very small scratches on 1 of the props.

However, now when I start the drone up I get the gimbal overloaded error :(

The springy bed it sits on had come out of the 3 tabs, so very carefully I put it back under. Everything looks fine now but I still get the error. I've tried to calibrate the gimbal but it sticks at 5% and fails. The only thing I did notice was a small white line, like a crease running across one of the ribbon cables.

I'm assuming I need to send it to DJI ( I have care refresh) but wondered if I'm missing anything obvious so thought I'd post here first.

Am I missing anything? See attached pics.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 25719 View attachment 25720 View attachment 25721 View attachment 25722
Howdy from Wyoming Skull, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Reactions: bigjimmi
The ribbon cable needs to be replaced. If you send it in, they will replace your Mavic with a refurbished one.

So I'll get a refurbed mavic? :( not sure I like the sound of that but I guess I have no choice. I'm not brave enough to replace myself and I took out care refresh when I bought it.

I don't know the specifics of the returns, but can you not request only a repair and pay for said repair, rather than having to utilize the refresh and get a new unit? I would think you'd have that option, as I'd rather save the refresh for when I have the big crash and truly warrant a replacement. Like I said though, I'm not sure of the specifics and obviously haven't read all the details of DJI Refresh :)

can you not request only a repair and pay for said repair, rather than having to utilize the refresh and get a new unit?
You could definitely get your Mavic repaired and pay for the cost out of your own pocket. However, if you want to use DJI's warranty or DJI Care Refresh, then you'll have to play by their terms.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78