DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash of my M2Z

congrats! make sure they transfer dji refresh to the new SN.

Thanks for the heads up. I certainly will. There's only a couple of months left on DJI Refresh. I purchased it in September last year right at the time of the launch event. It doesn't pick up the whole year again correct? just the portion still remaining right?

Thanks for the heads up. I certainly will. There's only a couple of months left on DJI Refresh. I purchased it in September last year right at the time of the launch event. It doesn't pick up the whole year again correct? just the portion still remaining right?
yes, i believe so - only the remaining portion.

Reactions: Thomas B
I was able to fix the corrupt video file from my crash using an android app (mp4fix). Nothing remarkable in the footage. It stopped recording after 3:43 or right at the time I lost video transmission. I can view the video in it's entirety in the app but must pay $5.99 if I want to save it.

Meanwhile, I have a delivery date of 7/15 for my new M2Z. I'm going to fire up my Spark this weekend. Only flown it once since I purchased my M2Z back in September. I purchased a cable adapter (USB A to USB Micro) to use my Crystal Sky with my Spark. After flying my M2Z, the Spark is like flying in slow motion. Still fun to fly.

Received my M2Z from DJI repair yesterday as scheduled. Just the bird wrapped in bubble wrap and packing paper. Looks like the same box I shipped my damaged drone in. Stickers protecting the vents and a new gimbal guard as I sent it without the gimbal guard. Quickly discarded it, I'm using the Polar Pro gimbal guard. Placed the original crash battery in the drone and fired it up. Had to bind it to my remote which was pretty easy. Also activate it thru the Go 4 app. Firmware was up to date. Just had to update the NFZ database. Replaced the props that were on the drone when it crashed with new props. Old props didn't look bad but you never know after a crash that hard. Rather not take any chances. Installed a sticker with my FAA number on the body.

Went thru the app checking all my settings. Checked the battery in the app to see if anything unusual appeared as it did take quite a tumble in the crash. I've been checking it from time to time for any signs of swelling but appears to have survived the crash unharmed.

Did everything I would do before a flight and it all checked out ok. Was going to fly it today after work but it's going to be extremely hot so I will wait until Saturday morning. Glad to have my bird back and Saturday can't get here soon enough.

Reactions: Moon4Drone and ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan