DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Crash

fileophile

Reactions
Had my first crash yesterday, but it was a fairly gentle one -- into a cedar tree whose boughs caught the drone and prevented it from going all the way to the ground. Still lost pieces out of all props though, and now I have a "gimbal vibration abnormal" message. Is there anywhere to find a very well photographed and detail explanation of what "normal" looks like for the gimbal and its mounting points? The gimbal seems to be hanging a bit lower than normal, and if I try to put on the gimbal cover it doesn't want to lock in now. Just looking at it there does not appear to be any debris in the way, but I don't really know how it is supposed to look.

The crash was caused by stupid operator error. I was flying toward the cedar tree and the drone's obstacle avoidance kicked in and I saw the drone rear back. I thought "Too low, need altitude" so pressed the left stick forward. Unfortunately there were higher branches above the drone so I fly it up and right into those branches.
Lesson Learned: When the drone avoids an obstacle STOP and get off the controls. Let it hover there and look around to see how you need to extricate yourself from the situation.

Have you replaced the props? Still getting the error message? How's the video quality?

I did replace the props. Interesting, although both sets of props claim to be genuine DJI, one set (the original set) has silver tips and are a bit shorter and thinner than the replacement set, which have gold tips.

Since posting the original post in this thread, I found some good gimbal vibration fix videos online and I believe I have fixed the gimbal issue. I used this video:

Reactions: zorr0 and VJRice
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803