DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Crash

HassoBoxhead

Reactions
After about a dozen flights overall in the side of a month, I took off out in front of my house, hovered for about 20 seconds while I checked homepoint, etc and proceeded to ascend to 100 feet. When it reached altitude and I pushed forward right stick, one or the propellers flew off and the aircraft went into a death spiral, hitting smack on the pavement before I could even get near enough to try and grab it. Three of the four arms were broke, gimbal destroyed, most of the outer casing broken and the battery spun out further down the road.

After standing there with “oh crap!” written all over my face, I gathered up the bits and pieces and went inside to start the care refresh process.

Very happy to say that exactly one week after the accident, the replacement will be delivered tomorrow. Pretty satisfied with that level of service, particularly as I’m on the East coast and the aircraft was sent to California for replacement.

Just goes to show me that no matter if you’ve flown it several times, always good to check that the props are...well...PROPerly seated.

Every single time I read about a Mavic throwing a prop., I wonder "How in the H**?!?!" Are people not checking each of the 4 props. before EACH flight??? It only adds about 10 seconds to your pre-flight time! OR.....Is there something else going on that could sneak up and get any of us in spite of checking the props each time?

I didn’t take the props off at all...but I didn’t check them before the flight, didn’t really think I needed to after previous successful flights (I know better now)

Reactions: Checho
I didn’t take the props off at all...but I didn’t check them before the flight, didn’t really think I needed to after previous successful flights (I know better now)

Today I checked my props that never come off before I flew. Need to make a habit of this.

Reactions: zero1981
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections