DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash

tomeaton

Reactions
Went to take off this morning, as I was taking off the controller stopped responding and the drone flew straight up into tree branches about 20 foot up. When it eventually fell out of the tree it landed on concrete and broke both front arms. The gimbal now fails to respond properly as well. Am absolutely gutted, and frustrated that the controller stopped responding so I couldn't fly forward.IMG-20190202-WA0001.jpegIMG-20190202-WA0003.jpeg

sorry to hear that.
Looks like that the signal lost triggered drone's return home function.

Last edited:
It has only taken off a second before. Any ideas why the controller would disconnect like that? Full battery on both devices. I was standing about 4 ft away from the drone, next to a field, no power lines etc nearby

Most likely magnetic interference. When you download your file sar104 or meta4 can confirm if they are around.

lateral proximity to the pilot should not be a factor unless you have home point set to dynamic though?

is it possible that there wan't a good GPS lock and home point set before takeoff?

Reactions: Ken K
lateral proximity to the pilot should not be a factor unless you have home point set to dynamic though?

is it possible that there wan't a good GPS lock and home point set before takeoff?

I don't take off until I get a GPS lock, what was odd was that the drone stopped responding to the controller and just kept climbing.

Home point looks recorded

Code:
15.006 : 527 [L-HOME]First. lati:51.0614938 longti:-2.0209004 alti:152.75

But just before the assisted takeoff there is a failure

Code:
19.488 : 751 [L-FDI]start_act_seq_example failed, ret:0|
20.988 : 826 [L-RC]rc cmd:STD_ASSI_TAKEOFF

...which @sar104 or @Meta4 may be able to decipher!

that's an assumption you are making. the aircraft has no idea where the pilot is unless dynamic RTH mode is selected, all it knows is the static home point.

So got a quote back from drone doctor today, £591!!!!

I only paid 620 for the drone in the first place, so that's a no go unfortunately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98