DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Crash

If you switch to S mode before hitting RTH you will return home in S mode speed. People should be doing it in high wind situations. Once you try change the mode you will kill RTH.

RTH is the lousy way to fly back from a long distance, as, first of all, it uses the slow optimal angle to preserve battery that may have issues in section with severe wind, secondary is that it will try to fly by gps constantly correcting the heading and wating power on that. on bigger birds best way to avoid all that is to switch to ATTI mode and drive model home using map and you own common sense considering amount of power left and speed of wind to fight.
and until mavic mini will be hacked to allow either atti mode or angle adjustment, i guess, the count of models blown away by the light breeze will only increase.

not to mention all the time wasted for the MM to go up, turn etc it takes good 30 sec, manually this would take 3-4s.

If you switch to S mode before hitting RTH you will return home in S mode speed. People should be doing it in high wind situations. Once you try change the mode you will kill RTH.
No you will not. If you are flying in Sport mode and hit RTH your speed will be reduced to 8m/sec (P-Mode). If you are in RTH and then try to switch to S mode, you will cancel RTH and hover. You can then manually fly home in S mode.

No you will not. If you are flying in Sport mode and hit RTH your speed will be reduced to 8m/sec (P-Mode). If you are in RTH and then try to switch to S mode, you will cancel RTH and hover. You can then manually fly home in S mode.

When you hit RTH in S mode you can use the stick and increase the speed and RTH will be faster than in P mode. You might be right when you just let it fly by itself, I never did I like to use RTH as my digital rail system and yaw on the way back recording some nice footage:)

RTH 37.6km/h = 10.5m/s

1578149855275.png

Reactions: Mac Man
When you hit RTH in S mode you can use the stick and increase the speed and RTH will be faster than in P mode. You might be right when you just let it fly by itself, I never did I like to use RTH as my digital rail system and yaw on the way back recording some nice footage:)

RTH 37.6km/h = 10.5m/s

View attachment 89724
I finally got a chance to go out and try it myself. You are absolutely right! I started RTH in S mode and after it hit 18 mph I was able to accelerate beyond that. Thanks for pointing that out. That is a very valuable tip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa