DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First edited video. Comments?

Justinparker

Reactions
Ok guys go easy with me. Just made my first video using my mavic. The wife and I visited N Ireland for our anniversary and I though now would be a good time. I can see some shots where exposure is blown out and also I had some focusing issues but meh it’s my first attempt. Please feel free to like and criticise as without criticism I won’t know how to fix my mistakes. Many thanks

Reactions: janderson
Nice shots. I would prefer a video of 2,5 3 minutes with transitions of 6-7 seconds and i would not integrate the yaw movements in the video :)

/Dimitris

Reactions: Justinparker
Nice shots. I would prefer a video of 2,5 3 minutes with transitions of 6-7 seconds and i would not integrate the yaw movements in the video :)

/Dimitris
Thanks for the feedback. Ok so pivot rotations forwards and backwards and altitude changes also. Got it! Appreciate it thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. Ok so pivot rotations forwards and backwards and altitude changes also. Got it! Appreciate it thanks!
Oh and yes 3 minutes videos, length of one music track. Makes perfect sense. Maybe if I’ve got lots of footage I should break it up into one video for a certain area rather then a mishmash?

The subject matter was largely interesting so you can get away with flaws, Steven Spielberg isn't watching.

My only two constructive comments would be (1) the clip overflying the town wasn't very interesting and was too long. Good for a flavour of geographical context but a few seconds would suffice...once you got past the boats it wasn't interesting. And (2) this is personal but I'm not a fan of "fast forward" unless it's in context and sparsely used, otherwise it's a bit jarring.

But overall a really good first effort - trim the beginnings and ends of your clips a bit more (I noticed at least one wobbly takeoff ) and you'll be well on the way.

Perfect! Thankyou for the comments. Il take that on board. I really struggled during the editing phase due to the 4K footage really slowing down the preview windows and such. I’ve got a fairly good pc (i7 4770k gtx1080 16gb ram) but it was a bit of a struggle. Did enjoy using davinci and I tried Sony Vegas but even after a reinstall the preview window was totally useless for some reason with less then 1fps

Perfect! Thankyou for the comments. Il take that on board. I really struggled during the editing phase due to the 4K footage really slowing down the preview windows and such. I’ve got a fairly good pc (i7 4770k gtx1080 16gb ram) but it was a bit of a struggle. Did enjoy using davinci and I tried Sony Vegas but even after a reinstall the preview window was totally useless for some reason with less then 1fps

I've not tried it myself as most of my stuff is for personal use, but look into downscaling and upscaling; gives you a much more manageable file size to edit.

I'm new at this, too. I agree with some of the comments about the overall length for general public viewing. I like 2-3 minute videos. I loved the scene around 3:18 and again at 4:21. Just beautiful. All of it really. Congratulations on a great first attempt.

Some really nice shots.

Agree on the length. You easily have three videos worth of material there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000