DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First experience with a problem and DJI support so far is a positive one.

Mustaine4prez

Reactions
My Camera went black. No picture.
Sucks super bad. I learned about it after traveling 2.5 hrs to the location. Tried everything but no luck.

The Mavic functions as it should with no error messages, and the gimbal seems to also be functioning perfectly only no picture from the camera.
My experience with DJI support:
They were very helpful and prompt to answer my emails(like within minutes of my messages).
They had me preform a few troubleshooting procedures to hopefully fix the problem myself before sending me a shipping label to send the Mavic back for repair or replace.

The trouble shooting procedures they had me follow were straight forward for the most part. They had me calibrate the IMU reset the camera settings. Refresh the firmware with DJI Assistant 2.

So I will be without my Mavic for what looks like possibly up to 10 days which really isn't all that bad as long as it comes back fixed or replaced.

I searched and I couldn't find anyone reporting this problem.
I will report back and keep this topic updated as my repair case with DJI continues.
Has anyone else experienced what looks like an all of a sudden dead camera? It didn't just go black during a flight or anything. It was working fine during a short flight on Friday but when I went to use it Saturday the camera was black.

Mind if I ask who told you it will take 10 days to get your Mavic back? Did you send it to DJI or other repair shop? I think you are sending it back to DJI since they gave you a label to ship it back, probably Carson, Ca if youre in the USA.

Mind if I ask who told you it will take 10 days to get your Mavic back? Did you send it to DJI or other repair shop? I think you are sending it back to DJI since they gave you a label to ship it back, probably Carson, Ca if youre in the USA.

I'm in Canada and I am still waiting for the shipping label in my email. Should get it within 24 hrs she said. I'm sending it straight to DJI, hopeful Carson, Ca and not China!!

And I was just reading the questions and answers page to learn the expected turn around time for repairs could be up to 10 working days. So I'm well aware it will be much longer then that when considering the time in the mail and processing.

Last edited:
I'm in Canada and I am still waiting for the shipping label in my email. Should get it within 24 hrs she said. I'm sending it straight to DJI, hopeful Carson, Ca and not China!!

And I was just reading the questions and answers page to learn the expected turn around time for repairs could be up to 10 working days. So I'm well aware it will be much longer then that when considering the time in the mail and processing.

Yes probably more like a month, just wanted to give you a heads up. They tell you 10 business days, but it takes a week to get there and another to get back.

+1 on trying a different cable. Unplug the micro USB from the RC, and try it with a cable from the standard USB port on the bottom of the RC. I had a similar problem, and the change of cable sorted it.

Not only did they just make up a time frame but when you chat online with them you will deal with idiots that have no clue about your case. And also when you do get it back be prepared to either get a POS Mavic from someone else or one with even more problems.

Not only did they just make up a time frame but when you chat online with them you will deal with idiots that have no clue about your case. And also when you do get it back be prepared to either get a POS Mavic from someone else or one with even more problems.

It was a email conversation not a online chat, the person seemed to have half a brain unlike all the other DJI robots I've spoke to in the past.

+1 on trying a different cable. Unplug the micro USB from the RC, and try it with a cable from the standard USB port on the bottom of the RC. I had a similar problem, and the change of cable sorted it.

Man I was really hoping that this would work but to my disappointment it did not. :( bummer.
I'm really trying to stay positive. Just hope it doesn't take to long. I'll miss out of all the goodness of the spring season.

Still waiting on the shipping label just to send the **** thing. It's been a week and the Mavic is still not even shipped to them. They keep telling me to wait up to another 48 hrs for the email with the shipping label.

Doesn't matter how good DJI drones are, if they can't take the time to support there current customers I want nothing to do with them.
Starting to get really mad. This is going to take way to long.

Update:

Ok so DJI received my Mavic yesterday, a day earlier then expected.
First day it arrived they confirmed the package contents and sent me a follow up email saying the package was received and the damage assessment will take up to three days.
Today(24hrs later) the assessment was complete and as it turns out, all service will be covered under warranty.
Got another email saying the service will take up to three days.

Everything was covered even the shipping.

So far so good, besides the week I had to wait for the shipping label.

In general, I am pleased with DJI service at the moment. However this case in not over until that Mavic is back in my hands.

Case closed.

They sent fake emails updating me on each step through the repair process however the Mavic that was sent back was brand new.

I guess I'm ok with it since my original Mavic had many little flaws that seemed to be from a product being rushed off the assembly line. This new hardware does not share those same flaws but I hope I never have to send in a DJI product for repair ever again. A very frustrating experience!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots