DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First feild flight M2p Buckleys falls Geelong Australia

Srm999

Reactions
Well finally got to test mp2 other than home as weather been horrible for a month thank god spring is 2 weeks away . Still have some settings to adjust mainly expo lol and getting used to smaller remote compaired to p4 obsidian .Any way hope you enjoy

I kept it a bit higher than I wanted as long walk down if I stuff up lol . I started higher and had good line of site and ready to lift just in case . But it was solid but i never trust as have seen my obsidian start to drop like sinking . You have to keep a eye on them

I am open to suggestions I know not great video but open to some input good or bad and settings

Great video.

Just in case you didn't know, the City of Greater Geelong require you to have a permit to fly within the municipality.

I just recieved mine. It lasts for 2 years and doesn't cost anything. You can download the application form off their website.

Reactions: AnneP
Great video.

Just in case you didn't know, the City of Greater Geelong require you to have a permit to fly within the municipality.

I just recieved mine. It lasts for 2 years and doesn't cost anything. You can download the application form off their website.
Yes did know had mine for nearly 2 months

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190818-193531_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190818-193531_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Yeah I checked it out ages ago . I wanted more video but got crowded and couldn't continue as my risk assessment of people wasn't feesable lol . I even went early but word got out I think lol . As you see me hover at end looking at myself had to wait 5 mins with spotter to land with nobody .

Cool.

It's a nuisance but better to have it in case you get busy bodies asking you questions. Enjoy!
Do you live in geelong
What do you fly . Just asking don't know many drone pilots here

Nah I live in Melton. Need a permit here too. I took out the permit for geelong because geelong has so many great places to fly in. Plan on coming down to the waterfront the next good Saturday we get.
Do you live in geelong
What do you fly . Just asking don't know many drone pilots here

Reactions: Srm999
I want to do water front but have to be at dawn as too many heli services now launching from near the pier start around 9 am to 5pm . And and the hospital is another thing to watch the care flight .

Can't wait for spring and summer some better weather it has been so crap for so long .

I think according to CASA you can fly around the helipad there but you need to land your craft as soon as you become aware of manned aircraft in the area.

If you join the Melbourne Drone Flyers group on Facebook there's a bloke there that does a bit of flying in Geelong. He's got some nice shots of the waterfront. You can ask him how he does it.

Yeh can't wait for summer and daylight savings
I want to do water front but have to be at dawn as too many heli services now launching from near the pier start around 9 am to 5pm . And and the hospital is another thing to watch the care flight .

You can fly but it's a pain on weekends as the heli's are in and out every 10min on a busy day plus there's a sea plane that flys as Well. That's why I say early morning good time on a great weather day As the waterfront gets packed too.
I'm going to take my boat out and use that as a launch platform . Plus have a air band radio .to help . But as you know weather been crap for filming if it's not raining it's 50 tp 60klm winds . Yesterday was best we had for a while on weekends even saying that winds where 25klm gusting to 40 .

Ah OK. Yeh you would know being local there. I might take my boat there and do the same. Might have a crack at some winter snapper while I'm at it.

Yeh yesterday was great. I managed to get out and snap a few photos of werribee River near melton.
You can fly but it's a pain on weekends as the heli's are in and out every 10min on a busy day plus there's a sea plane that flys as Well. That's why I say early morning good time on a great weather day As the waterfront gets packed too.
I'm going to take my boat out and use that as a launch platform . Plus have a air band radio .to help . But as you know weather been crap for filming if it's not raining it's 50 tp 60klm winds . Yesterday was best we had for a while on weekends even saying that winds where 25klm gusting to 40 .
griegs%20rd%202.jpegMelton%20Reservoir.jpeg

Reactions: wpgkip
I have new m2p 3 weeks old and ph4 obsidian my fav and better pics and videia but hard to fly in some places . Like the mp2 it's quiter and easer on hikes .

Here is my YouTube channel most of the coast videos including alcoa was on the obsidian with nd filters

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura