DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight after care refresh..

Shivers

Reactions
Well, I sent my drone back to DJI under warranty. (Gimbal went ****, took it out of the case, opened and first run had gimbal error, cover on.... the cover was not. Had video, next reboot, no video no gimbal.

my case states they replaced the gimbal arm at Xxx cost, with another part, then labor. After a month of horrid communication, then telling me my drone had no warranty, yet it did.. they ended up sending me a new unit. Firmware on my old unit went back to .100. This starts at .3

well, that sucks.
Went over the activation process again (no instructions or any paper work of any kind in box, not even repair slip)

I’m going to flight test in a few. I see the new unit came with an added gimbal cushion on it.. wondering if I should keep it.
So, question.... Seeing it’s a new drone, can I extend another year on top? Honestly don’t know if I want to, but the option would be nice. After this experience I’m considering another company..

Thoughts on other drones? Autell has a new unit out..

New unit or refurbished? If it has an “r” in the serial number, that would be the answer.

DJI offers the same care refresh program on both new and refurbished units. They are both eligible for the program.

New unit or refurbished? If it has an “r” in the serial number, that would be the answer.
Where in the serial. That will really piss me off. Was covered in stickers like new. Any R in the number or starts with R

The “r” will be the last digit of the serial number.

Got it.

Well, I sent my drone back to DJI under warranty. (Gimbal went ****, took it out of the case, opened and first run had gimbal error, cover on.... the cover was not. Had video, next reboot, no video no gimbal.

my case states they replaced the gimbal arm at Xxx cost, with another part, then labor. After a month of horrid communication, then telling me my drone had no warranty, yet it did.. they ended up sending me a new unit. Firmware on my old unit went back to .100. This starts at .3

well, that sucks.
Went over the activation process again (no instructions or any paper work of any kind in box, not even repair slip)

I’m going to flight test in a few. I see the new unit came with an added gimbal cushion on it.. wondering if I should keep it.
So, question.... Seeing it’s a new drone, can I extend another year on top? Honestly don’t know if I want to, but the option would be nice. After this experience I’m considering another company..

Thoughts on other drones? Autell has a new unit out..
I had the same problem after 3 months and it was replaced also, mine also came with the cushion on the gimbal cover but I find it to hard to fit with it so don’t use it. After the problems with firmware updates cause I have the smart controller I’m also wondering if Autell would be better.

I'm sticking with DJI. Just got a replacement M2Z this week after my original M2Z took a dive into water. It was caused by in-flight battery ejection (see my many posts on the subject since mid-August).

In other words, no "pilot error". Did not have to use my "Refresh" option which is still good until May 2021.

I lost a battery but received a new M2Z (no "R" in the serial number).

This proves that DJI stands by their products, and for that reason, I will stick with DJI.

The 1st post in this thread by "Shivers" raises a good question.

When we activate the new drone, the Activation Process says that the new warranty takes effect.

Does that mean that my new M2Z is now under a new warranty for one year from today's date? I already have the Care Refresh option that is set to expire in May of 2021.

Does is mean that my Care Refresh option expires in May 2021, but that the warranty is covered to Oct 2021?

As for the gimbal cushion, I think it is only used for shipping purposes and is too flimsy to act as a gimbal protector. It's only needed if shipping your drone.

Reactions: Shivers
Yea I’m curious. Actually another member sent me a tool to check the Serial. I’m going to do that in a few. I don’t have an R at the start or end, but it’s in the middle. I’m very upset!

More so being sent an invoice for the gimbal parts to be replaced! That’s all! Now I got a new AC? This raises so many questions.
And no, it’s not fair that we buy a new unit and it gets replaced with a refurbished.

Reactions: Limey
Not necessarily the last character. I’ve seen r’s in the middle of a sequence. Plug your number in here. Remember, no letter “o”, those will be zero’s.
Keeps telling me model unknown. Was just built aug 20 of 2020. There is an R in the code now! My old one did not have. Very upsetting.

Check the serial number. For all refurbished products, the fifth from last character will be "S"or "R". This is clearly stated in Refurbished Products Q & A.

Model or product unknown is normal.
But with the r in the serial number, it should read as a refurbished unit.
Is that what you see?

Only if it is the fifth to the last character will be "S"or "R" then it is a refurb. It can have a S or R in any other place it is not refurbished.

Can you provide a link for where your information comes from?
Edit: Never mind, I found it. I’m going to disagree with what they have written in this description. I have seen with my own eyes to the contrary with this “fifth” digit scenario. Line 6 is their answer.307BF0DF-8693-405E-A165-1C1C641874D1.png

Last edited:
Confirmed. It’s a salvage drone! Flys like ****.
I would stay away from DJI products and going back to DJI! I would not buy any more of the care refresh. I would find another company.

My biggest issues are someone telling me that x y and z are going to happen! Try and change me for that! Then are a fight to realize your wrong in charging me, you say it takes extra tome to fix my drone and go through QC! To only find out you gave me back in the box a horrid drone, with someone else issues. Mark’s on it, no information! No direction or help!
The worst service I’ve ever seen! Not even a slip of paper work to say what they did.

Would like to confirm your serial number. How many characters and where in that sequence the “r” is please.
Thanks.

I’ll confirm exact number and position when I get home. But, the r is the first letter in the bottom set of numbers. The serial code that is on the sticker, that’s on top of the name plate under the battery. I know you know what I’m getting at.

That would put the r in the seventh position from the end. So much for their wording of it being in the “fifth from last character”.
Typical DJI.
R is R. (Refurbished)
But they are clear on this subject, if you read the fine print, that they have the option of doing what they have done in your case.

Reactions: Shivers
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa